Dismiss Notice

Hi, we hope you enjoy looking around New Rider. We are a very friendly board so don't feel afraid to ask your questions. Register now, say 'Hello' and join in the conversations.

Rug reproofer

Discussion in 'Money Saving Ideas, Tips and Remedies' started by chunky monkey, Nov 23, 2016.

1. chunky monkey

chunky monkey Well-Known Member

What does everyone use to reproof there rugs. I had mine professional washed and reproofed this year. With the persistent rain the last two day I put my hand under chunkys rug and it was soaked right through. Once they loose there waterproofness what do people use to make them waterproof again.
    Ive normally used the nikwax and put the rug in a bucket overnight. It wasn't always 100% but to have had it professionally done and it be soaked right through its very disappointing.

2. domane

domane Chatterbox

I paint on Thompsons Water Seal. Not had a rug leak yet.

3. Jessey

Jessey Well-Known Member

I brought the gold label rug proof and painted it on an old rug, I think its more waterproof now than it was new :p I haven't found any of the wash in solutions (including those used by professionals) very good, they seem to make things more water resistant than waterproof.

4. Advert Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. Native Lover

Native Lover Native Pony Fan

I don't was my rugs just hose them off like new forest

The FREE site for selling smallholdings, farms and rural properties