Rugs off now

Rugs off during the day but on at night depending on the temp. We're getting highs during the day of +8C - spring is on the way!

Piccolo has a light weight rainsheet on that comes off during the day if it's over 5 degrees. Harvey still has a mediumweight rug on with neck but then he is still a little skinny and feels the cold.

Both live out 24/7 though

donkeys and horses have had rugs off during day now for about 2 weeks, except if it is going to be horrible, they are in at night.

I took mine off last weekend, they had 100gm on for the last few weeks so I have taken it down steedy. It has been cold at night but they have haylage at night and they have a few more pounds to lose before spring..:D

I took Sioneds TWO rugs off today:eek: It was absolutely gorgeous here but
went off much colder around 5 ish. I just put her back in the ONE rug
tonight though:p

Bertie has so much Winter coat to shed its unbelievable, it was coming out
in handfuls today;)

I rug my big 'un up at night and when it's raining or really cold as of this week:) My youngster is now naked as having tangled himself up with a rug, thanks to his foal pal, and the fact he was only in a water proof anyway (removed medium rug a week before due to large tear:rolleyes:)

Last edited:
Nakey pants for us :D

Well we were until midges came out to play so madam is in SI rug... Shes only shedding on her neck, but hes moulting like a dulux dog :eek:

newrider.com