Running Glasgow 10k... sponsors?????

mairikmac

Jan 12, 2009
isle of lewis
Hi, i had posted this a while ago in a dieting thread but just wanted to find out if i can put a link to my just giving page on my profile???? Not sure, i tried to load it as a signature but wondered about putting it on my profile. I am running for Ronald Macdonald house at Yorkhill hospital in Glasgow where parents can stay free of charge whilst their children are in hospital. Be it a couple of nights or months. It is a charity funded place so they need appox £300,000 a year to run it.We stayed last year when our daughter was in for a large operation and were so grateful for it. So this is our way of putting something back. If anyone would like to sponsor me please pm me or go to the just giving website and look up mairi maciver. The link in my signature may work but knowing me and computers, i doubt it!!! . I am not a runner so this is huge for me!! I managed my first 2 miles the other day and was totally thrilled with it. At first i couldn't run from one passing place to the next without stopping :eek: . Sorry for the long thread.
So if you have a spare pound i would be sooooo grateful :D

Hope you manage to raise lots! Good for you doing a run - I would probably collapse.....Will try and click on the thingy later on and donate......

Hope you manage to raise lots! Good for you doing a run - I would probably collapse.....Will try and click on the thingy later on and donate......

thanks , as i said all donations , however small are always welcome. It is a good charity and helps a heck of a lot of families at hard times :D

Do you accept cheques? My computer ain't up to much and its just not having it!!!
(Bumping this thread up for you too!!!!!!!!)

Another one who would be happy to donate by cheque! Our friends 2 year old son has cancer and spends a lot of time at Yorkhill - it's a great hospital

Well done you for doing the 10k - I could just about manage walking it at a push!

Another one who would be happy to donate by cheque! Our friends 2 year old son has cancer and spends a lot of time at Yorkhill - it's a great hospital

Well done you for doing the 10k - I could just about manage walking it at a push!

that is fantastic, i will pm you with details. I am overwhelmed with your support guys. :D

newrider.com