running two vehicles

eventerbabe

Dec 16, 2004
this may be a very beginners question but it's something i hadn't thought of before... I have 8 years no claims on my car. Pending the job situation after the summer i'll be looking to buy a tow vehicle (toyota hilux the front runner right now!). Am i right in thinking i cannot apply the 8 years NCB to both cars? can you split the NCB between the cars, say 4 years on each, or 3 and 5 etc.? i cannot get rid of my current car as commuting in a gas guzzling 4x4 isn't an option, the golf has to stay. anyone run 2 cars? if so how do you sort your NCB across the 2 vehicles?

Ring round for quotes on a second vehicle and make it clear that your ncb is on the first car.

Many companies will apply their own discount for this but it wouldn't actually be classed as full NCB. You're excisting company would be a good place to start :)

A lot of companies do multi car policies. We are with NFU and have two vehicles both running the on the same NCB. Best to just ring around and check what's available to be totally honest.

Some sound answers here already but 1st port of call is your existing insurer and see what they can do. Normally they'll be pleased of the exta business.

If not, ring around - insurance is still a buyers market. I dropped over £170 off of my latest renewal by changning companies.

newrider.com