saddle..hmm.. wintec jumping? *pics*

BlueWicked

fluff-free
Jan 13, 2008
in the real world...
my horse was fitted with a gp hastilow saddle a year ago... its only a 16.5inch, which is fine as im petite.

however, im doing more jumping now than i was them and riding shorter a lot of the time.. so im finding my knees overhang the kneerolls sometimes...

edlesson061a.jpg

davidgathererclinic007.jpg

hack021.jpg

saddle005.jpg

my horse has also started to get in close to fences as we've gone up past 2ft6, and its been suggested to me that as he has prominent withers, a cut back saddle may suit him better and he maybe restricted a bit?

im looking at the wintec close contact jumping saddle , as i literally have no budget for a new saddle!

I have never owned one but have ridden in it. You might find it a bit weird at first as you'll be used to a bit more knee roll support. But I loved it; I felt comfy, could move freely and felt really close to the horse. I love Wintec saddles anyway. :)

x

I have never owned one but have ridden in it. You might find it a bit weird at first as you'll be used to a bit more knee roll support. But I loved it; I felt comfy, could move freely and felt really close to the horse. I love Wintec saddles anyway. :)

x

thanks:) how do you mean? i dont have a lot of knee roll support at the moment, my current saddle is also close contact - doesnt the wintec have decent knee rolls, being a jumping saddle tho?

Hi, If the budget is tight you can have your knee rolls replaced by larger rounder one, a good saddler should be able to add or replace the knee rolls for you. i'm guessing the knee rolls you have now are little being a gp, but you can have them replaced by larger deeper half moon ones. also ask them to add or replace the thigh rolls so the saddle hugs your lower leg making it easier to keep your balance.

Also just check your jumping position, it looks as if you are compensating for the lack of knee rolls by balancing over the knee rolls you have and looks like you are tipping forward.

Hope that helps

newrider.com