Saddle slipping forward

cloang

Sep 5, 2005
Gloucestershire
Hi all, not here much as database errors cause my computer to crash but will try this:D .

Candy has a saddle company saddle, bowen therapist who is also our saddle fitter has fitted it twice since we've owned her (5 weeks), but as she was very unfit and underweight, she is constantly changing shape. She needs to muscle up near her withers and the saddle is slipping forward. Saddle and back lady is due out again on the 15th but need some sort of pad to help the problem until it is sorted.

Have been lent loads of different types, sheepskin, polypad etc but they are all horse size and I cannot seem to find any pony size useful pads.

Anyone who does internet window shopping please let me know if you spot something that might help.

Cheers

Ang

Has the saddle been fitted slightly wide to allow her room to expand? If so this might be contributing to the problem. I've got a similar situation and use a suber pad, www.davidahnequine.co.uk with very good results :)

Thanks for the reply Yann, yes the saddle is quite wide at the mo, have looked at your link, and am quite interested. Trying to find a stockist locally so I can have a proper look.

Thanks again

newrider.com