me me me *runs to find some pics* :)

FOUND!!

T6 COB saddle by thorowgood, love it!! doesnt even slip when i get on

Photo0119.jpg

Photo0120.jpg

Photo0121.jpg

annie1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kate, what is the measurement of your saddle d ring to d ring? looks like a good fit, think my cob has a similar flat back to yours.

We have several but strangely enough the nicest is one that was not designed for a cob, its a Farrington dressage. The panels are nice and wide at the back and it never slips even on our roundest cob. I assume it was designed for a warmblood as it has a cutback head which we dont need but its really comfy. Our saddle fitter has tried all sorts including those designed for cobs.

I have just realised that I have never taken a pic of the pony in tack, these are the best I could find on photobucket.

I would assume that their design is similar for GP saddles

ultimateshowcaseharrogate2006052.jpg

poy2005001.jpg

Last edited:
Kate, what is the measurement of your saddle d ring to d ring? looks like a good fit, think my cob has a similar flat back to yours.

Thanks :) from d ring to d ring (and my measuring skills arent great) its 9.5" i didnt measure exactly to the d ring, but the gap at the front

Wintec Isabell Werth on both my cobs now -- Lucy in blue gullet and not much done to panels. Lance in red gullet and some work done to the flocking (but nothing excessive!) ...

Random pic of Lucy waiting to go out
i.php

I really want an isabel saddle! but they all told me at the yard i have no chance! :(
But now i have seen lucy! :D

When I had my cob, Cherry, she had a leather saddle in an extra-wide fitting, made by a company called Silhouette.

Chez14-1.jpg

And she was wiiiiiiiiide!!!:p

Thanks :) from d ring to d ring (and my measuring skills arent great) its 9.5" i didnt measure exactly to the d ring, but the gap at the front

Thanks for checking :) the one I have now is 9", I think it must just be the wrong shape, he surely can't need any wider than that...do they even come any wider than about 10"?! :eek:

oh yes, they have interchangeable gullet thing dont they ;) thats the beauty of them, and it looks leather not that looks are everything of course, its the fit thats most important. of course, dont rely on this exactly but on the thorowgood website theres a fitting guide you can use to approximate, see if its any good for you

I think they are out of my price range unfortunatly, have just emailed the saddle fitter, hopefully she can find me something! at this stage I couldn't care less if it looks like it's been dragged out of a ditch lol. Finding a saddle is almost as hard as finding the horse! :eek: btw forgot to say your coblet is gorgeous, love the hogged look!

they do the t4 which is the cheaper version but at least you can get your saddle fitter looking, very wise. let us know what you get!! ahhh thanks, thats very kind. il tell annie that tomo :D

RTK your post about those saddles are interesting too. not that im looking for another saddle yet, just interested to see pics. may look for some

I'll have a look at those, thought they were the same price! hopefully the saddle fitter will find something before Rolo is too old and feeble to be ridden lol.

no worries, no i believe the t4 cob is exactly the same as the t6 cob, just a different finish. haha im sure you saddler will get on the case and you'll be away soon and when you are we want to see pics and lots of them!!

I have the T6 cob, fits my pony like a glove :) He used to have a Wintec GP in extra wide but it slid something awful :mad: The Wintec Dressage fitted him alot better in the extra wide so I still use it for dressage, but compared to the Throwogood it's rubbish!

I thought I'd never say Throwgood over Wintec because when he was a youngster i tried the T4 saddle on him and I hated it, I think the suede annoyed me!

newrider.com