Safe fruit?

Dannii5691

Owned by Ponies!
Nov 16, 2009
June dosent get fed but I would like to give her some treats now and then. I begrudge giving her polos and sugar lumps, likits (she dosent know when to stop!) etc because of the sugar content. What fruits are healthy, and safe for little ponies!? She was picking brambles off the bushes earlier, are these safe too? What about melon, kiwi etc?

Blackberry bushes are a massive thumbs up from my gang!

My two love melon skins (melon as well but only get the skins), oranges (and family of), Rascal likes bananas, grapes... not sure if theyve had kiwi.

Becareful though they are obv sugary too!!!! :giggle:

Deffo try oranges, my two go nuts for them - but stand bakc when they eat it gets messy!

Izzy loves bananas, apples, carrots, turnip, strawberries, grapes, blackberries, oranges and satsumas, kiwi fruit, raspberries, pears - basically anything!!:bounce:

I am really bad at buying lots of healthy things to eat and then forgetting about them so he gets a lot that is a bit too ripe for me.

Inspired by an earlier thread I just tried bananas on my boys.

Mattie (Fwench Awab, very posh) sniffed, mouthed, licked, and spat out *ptui*

Ziggy (bog Irish unregistered Connemara) ate his. Perked up visibly. Ate Mattie's as well. Nudged me for more :tongue:

Silver really hates bananas, but Rascal eats them happily.

Yes skins on - oranges go in whole, but why I said stand away - mine pick it up and squeeze so it goes EVERYWHEERE :giggle:

Haha will go to the fruit shop at the weekend and treat her to some stuff and see what she will eat!

Inspired by an earlier thread I just tried bananas on my boys.

Mattie (Fwench Awab, very posh) sniffed, mouthed, licked, and spat out *ptui*

Ziggy (bog Irish unregistered Connemara) ate his. Perked up visibly. Ate Mattie's as well. Nudged me for more :tongue:

Must be a fwench thing as LL hates bananas and she is fwench, sacre bluuuuuu I think she said when I offererd her some :tongue:

She loves apples, carrots, swede Ive not tried her on anything else.

newrider.com