safety head collar

lor

Jun 28, 2006
Does anyone know of a safe head collar, suitable to turn out a colt of 6 months. Just want to make it easier to catch him until he is used to me.
He is in an electric fences field, with hedge border outer, but they always find something to get in trouble with!. He is at a private farm and there are people about but will not be looked at more than once/twice a day.
Just wondered if there was a design with a velcro attatchment so if he gets stuck on anything it will break off? or any other ideas?
Thanks folks

Aerborn do a Fieldsafe headcollar which has rubber bands for joints which will snap if your boy gets his head caught anywhere. If you buy it new you get a bag of spare bands and repair instructions too. I've used them for peace of mind fora few days with new ponies and then I chuck it in the washing machine and sell on ebay for pretty much what I paid for it a few days previously :)

Thanks. I dont know why my post is in metabollic:eek::eek:meant to put it in general.
Infact it should be in tack i suppose! Can it be moved so I may get more replies please??:)

Make your own with an old headcollar - cut the stitching where the cheekpieces meet the crown, and put it back together with some velcro, or cut the stitching and replace a couple of metal fittings with a couple of plastic ones from a cheap dog collar bought from a pound shop.

Good advise, thankyou very much,
Thanks to other replies too:D

newrider.com