Sam kittie at vets

he has done well today, eaten lots of chicken and then some tuna. Sadly not good news on my wonderful poodle Kimme, seems she has a neurological issue, waiting for further advice, she is on pain relief and due for surgery january.

he has done well today, eaten lots of chicken and then some tuna. Sadly not good news on my wonderful poodle Kimme, seems she has a neurological issue, waiting for further advice, she is on pain relief and due for surgery january.
Glad he's eaten some chicken, sorry to hear about poodle though. There's always something with these animals isn't there.

Interesting development, i have found blood on the carpet and it looks like he is coughing up blood. This could be a side effect of metacalm but he has had a bit of a cough for a long time, does the usual hairball stuff but nothing comes up. Suddenly occurred to me this could be acid reflux, and one of the side effects of this is weight loss and loss of appetite as it hurts to eat and makes them uncomfortable. Vet is going to prescribe something for his stomach and give it a try. But could be an explanation. He has certainly eaten well since he came home, mainly tuna and chicken and some of the regular cat food, and his spine seems less bony.

Still eating well, has brought up a bit more blood but now on meds for gastric ulcer/disorder so see how we go, he is very purry and has eaten a lot yesterday. His temperature is 37.5 today which is just below normal. So is improving.

Last edited:
newrider.com