Sasa is Dead

Oh D&T no one can be reading this without shedding a tear for you and Sasa, so please don't beat yourself up over the what ifs, no one I am sure feels you didn't give Sasa the best care possible, sometimes the odds are against us.

Hope you find some peace, when you aren't hurting so much.

thank you

the sky is crying for her today, gentle snowflakes as soft and gentle as my little sasa

i know i did all i could, given the information i had, i just have a horrible big hole where my heart should be

there is a 5 year old comtois mare, suzie, going for slaughter next week. do i don't i.

thank you

the sky is crying for her today, gentle snowflakes as soft and gentle as my little sasa

i know i did all i could, given the information i had, i just have a horrible big hole where my heart should be

there is a 5 year old comtois mare, suzie, going for slaughter next week. do i don't i.

Only you can answer that question, but we all know what a huge hole Sasa has left behind and maybe Suzie could try and fill it for you x

I am so sorry to read this. I really dont think I can offer any words of wisdom. You know that you did the best thing for her every step of the way. Sasa could not have made that journey to the vets months ago so please dont beat yourself up and go through the "what if's".

The best thing is often the hardest decision but if you really love her, let her go. And you did.

Massive hugs to you and your herd. I think Susie may help to ease the pain of losing Sasa by having somthing to concentrate on.

I first read this post at 10am this morning, but couldn't reply as it made me cry.

D&T you truly gave Sasa every chance you could have, it just wasn't meant to be. You are a truly inspirational character, you never stop trying to do what you feel is best. I admire you.

I want you to know that Sasa's story has been in my thoughts since you first wrote about her, and I'm sure I am not alone.

There is nothing more I can say, keep your chin up.x

Oh my God. I did NOT expect to read this at all. So sorry :(

I agree with absolutely everything the others have said about your strength and kindness, it really IS inspirational how much dedication you have shown her. Many horse owners could learn a thing or two from you.

sasasaysthisisabetterfeedingdish004-1.jpg

sasasaysthisisabetterfeedingdish003-1.jpg

sasasaysthisisabetterfeedingdish002-1.jpg

sasasaysthisisabetterfeedingdish001-1.jpg

These are the last pictures of her having her final dinner. She always enjoyed her grub.

Last edited:
am really sorry :(

those photos have really just made it all 'real' to me...cant imagine how much you miss her.

I know it is soon but i would really consider helping Suzie.....

In no way have you let her down at all,when the time came you made the right decision & you were with her at the and. It's the one thing we can all do when they are suffering,we are able to decide to end it all & we can be there when they die.

:cry: I can't imagine how your feeling right now x

If you feel up to it after the last few hard months I think helping Suzie would be a wonderful thing to do...I take my hat off to you and Joosie is right many horse owners could learn how to be caring, compassionate and dedicated from you.

That is a wonderful photo, She went while she could still enjoy her grub.

AS for the horse shaped hole, only you can know ...

newrider.com