Sasa is Dead

My heart goes out to you both, I know its a horrible thing to have to decide but you have done the kindest thing and she will love you for it and you will never forget the memories of such a beautiful girl x

So sorry, but you made the right decision and it was a tough but brave decision to make - she was lucky to have you.

RIP Sasa, she was a beautiful horse and you did everything you possibly could have done for her, including taking the right decision at the end. Hugs..

Lots of hugs coming your way. Its going to be a tough time for a while, but you will smile again when you think of all the funny little things she did and the love you felt for her. It won't be easy, but she was loved and cared for, and in this world that is EVERYTHING. Hang in there hun. :frown:

it's now the grotty bit of sorting out insurance, finding all the paperwork etc.

she is reduced to a file. oh well, best get on with it.

to find proof of ownership, as i haven't got a receipt, i had to find all her original stuff, it was so sad seeing the poor bewildered mare who arrived her and the pictures from her original advert, a scruffy frightened little girl.

i think she looked a lot happier with me

Attachments

• DSC_0481.jpg
    DSC_0481.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC_0490.jpg
    DSC_0490.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_0497.jpg
    DSC_0497.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 74
Of course she did! You loved her and looked after her and kept her bright-eyed till the end. I remember her little face when she arrived, so timid. You gave her life.

despite being able to show bank tranfers to the vendor, they still won't accept i own her as i don't have a receipt from the vendor.

i have had to wade through all the emails about negotiatiing her price, collection, how to pay, including some friends who were going to go over with cash when she was collected. whether any of this proves i own her who knows, but it is very distressing when you are heartbroken and have to read all the optimistic stuff you wrote when you bought her!

Dear D&T, I absolutely understand how you feel - it's so natural to blame yourself and say If only, If only.

But Yann is right and so is Dannii. You saved her from a horrible life and put her in a place she loved with horses and people and everything she needed. Do you remember the pictures you posted when she arrived, of her little frightened face peeping out of the stable?

Remember her that way and remember that was your gift to her.

Oh, D&T, I am I tears reading this, but I can't say anything of more use than the above.

I am sendin you huge virtual hugs.

You loved Sasa so much, you gave her do much, and you always, always did the very best you could. If only games don't work. There is NO way of knowing what would have happened if she had been x-rayed sooner. You may simply have been persuaded to make her endure a painful risky operation with doubtful outcome.

You always did the best you could, with advice from experts all the way.

Remember her happy:inlove:

It is now just over a week since my beloved Sasa left me - i had a good blub yesterday afternoon at the time of her passing.

She will approve of my decision, i hope, but i have bought a horse today. Totally barking i know, but i have bought Suzie, the little french mare, 7 years old, unbroken, had her foal in March 2011.

She is privately owned but her owner is in a hospice and all his horses and his farm have to be disposed of as his neighbours are lending a hand to keep it going. He has tried to find leisure homes for the 5 horses but without success and if they can't find leisure homes, they will, like the cattle, go for slaughter.

I am sad not to be taking her son and just hope that someone will fall for him, as he is so beautiful and so cheap.

My wonderful friend offered me her 3 year old comtois which put me in a huge dilemma but i felt that a 56 year old and a 3 year old don't match so with huge sorrow i had to say no (plus OH really did have a go at me for even thinking it might work). He is keen for me to get Suzie, as he knows that i would never do the rounds of going to try horses at yards, as i did with Molly, and i can have her broken in around may/June and have her ready for the summer. Otherwise he knows i will find reasons why not and never do it.

So i have burnt my boats and bought her. I shall go and have a lie down.

It is now just over a week since my beloved Sasa left me - i had a good blub yesterday afternoon at the time of her passing.

She will approve of my decision, i hope, but i have bought a horse today. Totally barking i know, but i have bought Suzie, the little french mare, 7 years old, unbroken, had her foal in March 2011.

She is privately owned but her owner is in a hospice and all his horses and his farm have to be disposed of as his neighbours are lending a hand to keep it going. He has tried to find leisure homes for the 5 horses but without success and if they can't find leisure homes, they will, like the cattle, go for slaughter.

I am sad not to be taking her son and just hope that someone will fall for him, as he is so beautiful and so cheap.

My wonderful friend offered me her 3 year old comtois which put me in a huge dilemma but i felt that a 56 year old and a 3 year old don't match so with huge sorrow i had to say no (plus OH really did have a go at me for even thinking it might work). He is keen for me to get Suzie, as he knows that i would never do the rounds of going to try horses at yards, as i did with Molly, and i can have her broken in around may/June and have her ready for the summer. Otherwise he knows i will find reasons why not and never do it.

So i have burnt my boats and bought her. I shall go and have a lie down.

Aw, many good thoughts to you, the pain from losing your beautiful Sasa will lessen - and congrats on your new friend. Will look forward to hearing and seeing more about her. Now go, have that lie down!

newrider.com