Saw a horse standing oddly today ..

WeeBarraxO

May 20, 2008
Glasgow
we went past a field today & saw a little pony ..

it was standing .. eating grass .. but it was standing holding it back leg out .. it was really weird .. it almost looked like its back leg was tied to something and it was trying to pull it free ? I don't know but it never moved the whole time we saw it, just standing with its back leg held out to the side sort of .. was very odd

Didn't you go & check it? Or try to find out who it belonged to? Or, if all else failed, contact someone like the RSPCA? I couldn't have just walked away, & if it was my horses I'd hope that if someone was worried they'd do something.

Didn't you go & check it? Or try to find out who it belonged to? Or, if all else failed, contact someone like the RSPCA? I couldn't have just walked away, & if it was my horses I'd hope that if someone was worried they'd do something.

I was just passing by on a train, & didn't know the area, I know where it is round about, :(

I would agree that it sounds liked a locked stifle (have been researching this lately!). I think that normally horses can free it themselves but sometimes they do need some help. I hope that someone checked on the pony and it wasn't like that for too long!

newrider.com