say hello to the newest member of my ever growing family

I've got 4 pairs and a single. Had a trio for a while, then almost bonded them with a pair, but they fell out for no apparent reason and the only way back to any kind of sense was to split them to 2 pairs and a single. I've tried rebonding since with zero success. My other 2 pairs won't bond with anything else - one is very territorial and attacks anything that comes near him except his woman, and the pair of girls start fighting each other. So I'm left with 5 groups, which wasn't quite the original plan :eek:

awwk, I tried to bond one of my pairs with the big three, and thats how I found out they will never accept anyone .. they were fine at first them Buffy & Smokey ganged up on poor little Spike :(, and bit Sonny's wee man, so won't be trying anyone else with them, Angel doesn't bother, but both Buffy & Smokey are VERY dominant buns, so I bonded Sonny & Spike with Magic & Storm and they are all getting on fine now :D ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYLGs6jlXGU

and last night I managed to bond Anya with wee Rose .. I'll add pics in a few mins when they on photobucket :D

That is SERIOUSLY CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!! Have just dragged OH across the office to see your pics!!!! Am now dropping massive hints (which fall on deaf ears I might add!)
What a cutie - very very jealous but pleased for you!!!

hehe :D, awwww, just keep asking him to get a wee bunny :p, I'm lucky my OH wants the buns as much as I do, if not more :p

LOL

Maria she is absolutely gorgeous.

hehe thank you :D, she is so funny to watch

and here is the pics of the new besto's Rose & Anya

SAM_2688.jpg

SAM_2697.jpg

SAM_2713.jpg

Sleepy Anya
SAM_2719.jpg

Cuddle timeee
SAM_2723.jpg

awww she's cute :)

but i didn't know rabbits were so difficult :eek: i always thought you just bought your rabbits and cage/hutch and off you went, you learn something new every day.

I've always quite wanted a rabbit, but i think the dogs would quite like a rabbit too and it would only end in tears :(

i always thought you just bought your rabbits and cage/hutch and off you went

That's the problem - most people do that and end up with very unhappy bunnies. Certain pet shops are a nightmare for selling their starter packs - tiny little cage and a cute little baby bunny. Most rabbits want the company of other rabbits - they're not solitary animals, but they can be very territorial so bonding groups isn't normally just a case of putting them together and hoping for the best. Plus most cages/ hutches are too small, the rabbits don't get enough exercise because they rarely get let out into an area of sufficient size and their diet is frequently wrong. They are, apparently, the most neglected and ill treated pet, way above cats and dogs, and many die of starvation because they get stuck in a hutch at the bottom of the garden and forgotten about. My local rescue generally has a waiting list of over 250 people wanting to hand rabbits in for rehoming, plus well over half of what they take are strays (or claimed to be).

Lecture over :eek::D

That's the problem - most people do that and end up with very unhappy bunnies. Certain pet shops are a nightmare for selling their starter packs - tiny little cage and a cute little baby bunny. Most rabbits want the company of other rabbits - they're not solitary animals, but they can be very territorial so bonding groups isn't normally just a case of putting them together and hoping for the best. Plus most cages/ hutches are too small, the rabbits don't get enough exercise because they rarely get let out into an area of sufficient size and their diet is frequently wrong. They are, apparently, the most neglected and ill treated pet, way above cats and dogs, and many die of starvation because they get stuck in a hutch at the bottom of the garden and forgotten about. My local rescue generally has a waiting list of over 250 people wanting to hand rabbits in for rehoming, plus well over half of what they take are strays (or claimed to be).

Lecture over

yeah :(, such misunderstood little animals, and I agree I don't think I have EVER seen a hutch/cage in a petshop that has been big enough :(, mine live in XXL dog crates with runs plus they all get turn of having free range of the house :D, and if I ever do get everyone together they will all have 24/7 free range time :D (they are all litter trained :D), with the dog crates as bases, more people than not over feed their bunnies, eg, always having a full bowl of pellets for them 24/7, when they are only meant to get a tiny amount of pellets a day, and an unlimited supply of hay, their diet is meant to be 90% hay, its so sad :(, but anyone I have ever met with a rabbit I give them a few pointers in the right direction :D,

also most people don't know that most rabbits don't like to be lifted or cuddled, most just like keeping themselves to themselves .. eg, out of all my ten buns .. there is only maybe .. 2 or 3 who actually enjoy cuddles, the rest will maybe have a little cuddle then be like "eugh let me go now" and some don't even like that, but one thing they ALL love .. is nose rubs :D, and 4 of my buns like to groom me :p (Xander, Magic, Spike & now Rose) Smokey used to before he had his girls, now I'e been dumped LOL!

I read your introduction as 8 week old Lion pup, and thought, flippin eck where does this girl live... then picture came up of rabbit!:eek:

I must not skim read:rolleyes::)

wow what an intresting thread I never new most of that and what is worse we had rabbits as pets when we where kids how guilty to I feel now:mad:

Anyway it's a lovely thread and your bunnies are wonderful.

did I mention I love the names I guess you where a buffy fan!

wow what an intresting thread I never new most of that and what is worse we had rabbits as pets when we where kids how guilty to I feel now:mad:

aww don't feel guilty you didn't know any better, for the first two years of Smokeys life (he was my first bun) he lived on his own in a small hutch :(, but he did get free range time ALOT, and I thought he was happy with just me for company, but now I see him with his girls I KNOW he is deffo happy :D

Anyway it's a lovely thread and your bunnies are wonderful.

Aww thank you :D

did I mention I love the names I guess you where a buffy fan!

yup deffo was :D, I have .. Buffy, Angel, Xander, Spike & Anya all my buffy themed bunnies :p

my group of four have had to be split :( :( !!

got home tonight from pics and went to check them (I have been checking them every few hours for cuts etc) and Spikes back was covered in little scabs :(:(!!! nothing major but the poor wee guy must have been getting nipped constant while I've been out, I now feel TERRIBLE :(, so have split them into their two original pairs, (Spike & Sonny and Storm & Magic) I just feel absolutly awful, I shouldn't have went out and left them :(, I would of heard them chasing and could have stopped it eugh :(:(!!

newrider.com