scottish peeps wanting to do BHS exams?

Millymum

Aug 5, 2005
scotland
After the oatridge thread, i got to thinking!!!

How about we set up a challenge for those wanting to do the BHS exams or just wanting to further their horsey knowledge and have something horsey to learn about.

it can be quite pricey to do the training, so we could pull our skills, horsey and educational, to do a study challenge without having to pay the cost of going to the college.:D (and the money saved could pay for the exam;) )

I have the Stage 2 material from Equi study (warwickshire college) so i can scan the sections, and the revision/ test questions, e-mail them to those who want to learn the information.
Maybe do a section every 3 weeks or so.

And we could also meet up once a month or so for a practical day where we have to do all sorts of things that are included in the BHS syllabus (sp)
(we'd have to borrow horses and ponies to practice on but im sure we could find some and use our own) also gives us a chance to have a coffee and general chat and have some live revision days.

Those who want to sit the exam can, and those that dont, dont :D

Also, if there was enough of us, we could hire someone to come and give us practical training on things like 'the official' way to lunge for the exam and other practical and to test our knowledge. We could make up question sheets to test ourself, and on the meet up days practice answering questions with each other.

What do you think?

It would mean those who want to have a learning challenge can , and we could meet up for time to time and help each other.
Also if we where going for the exams, we could all go together :)

I'm not interested in the exam as such, but it would be good to refresh the memory as it's surprising how much you forget when you don't use it!

i'm in two minds about doing the BHS exam after my uni finishes in may... :eek:

do the study, and if you want to sit the exam, you will be ready, if not you dont have to sit the exam. It will give you something to do over the summer :D

There is a stage 1 & 2 in september. stage 1 24th stage 2 25th. Might be something to aim for , for those wanting to do the actualexam :D

Oooh sounds like a project for the summer. Would we be starting with level one? I did my level one classes at oatridge but never got round to the exam. Where would we go to do it? Lunging is one thing i want to learn. Iv never had the chance to do it as its not something they do at riding schools. I had a weekend course for lunging set up at Oatridge but it got cancelled as the arena was over run by rabbits. I never bothered to try applying for it again.

:D anyone wanting to try lunging is welcome to come lunge my 2, they can be used as guinea pigs for most things:D

well if you learn all the info for level 2, you will have all the info for level 1 done and dusted ;)
its always better to know too much than too little.
But we could run with the syllabus and make sure we ticked all the boxes for stage one and two.

We could use the horse i get as a guinea pig and fizz's two and whoever else wants to volunteer their horses.

We could just meet up at each others yards and i can e-mail the paper stuff to you so you can learn it at home.

I do think we should set a goals for doing the exams in september (for those that want to do the exams) :D

email me asap then:D

my old brain can not handle to much info at once:eek:

ithought i would e-mail it in sections.
so about 1 section every 2 weeks, with the revision questions at the end of the first week for you to answer without looking at the information, then you can see what parts you need to re-learn in the second week and answer the questions again at the end of that week.

How does that sound?

So if you want to take part PM me your e-mail and i can get it all scanned tomorrow and e-mailed off to you :D

ooooo get you :p

mine will be sleeping as he is working nights just now:rolleyes:

although he needs to take me to the yard at night to pick up shavings & hay for the rabbit & pigs:D

I have the Stage 2 material from Equi study (warwickshire college) so i can scan the sections, and the revision/ test questions, e-mail them to those who want to learn the information.
Maybe do a section every 3 weeks or so.

Jenni

Hate to pour rain on your parade, but you would be breaching copyright to do this :eek:

Sure you have to be caught out, but evidence of emails etc.....

I dont really want to start this until June. I have copious amounts of essays and exams to do before then. So dont want to add to my work load really :eek:

i'm the same amy!

And i'm in two minds about doing a open uni degree after i finish this one.. it would be equine buisness management i think though... :eek:

Jenni

Hate to pour rain on your parade, but you would be breaching copyright to do this :eek:

Sure you have to be caught out, but evidence of emails etc.....

i had thought of this, so i wont be duplicating the information in the folder i think, i think its best if i use the information along with other material to come up with information section's that covers the BHS syllabus. ;)

amy/marsden - dont worry about it, the information i arrange will be saved and you can have it whenever you want or are ready for it. :)

if amy still wants to do it, we could do it together since we will hopefully be living really close and can hopefully use K as a guinea pig!

I was also looking at the ABRS examinations...

newrider.com