Sealskinz Elgin riding gloves

floppy

Feb 25, 2001
germany
Hello, does anyone have these gloves ? Or can recommend warm gloves for icey temperatures ? Especially when they get wet. I have the polar fleece gloves from Roeckl ... they are fine until they get a bit damp and then your hands just freeze and fell like they are going to drop off

I haven't tried these, but I've used their socks in the past and they're excellent - warm and keep feet dry even if your boots aren't waterproof. If the gloves are the same quality then I'd imagine they're worth getting.

I have Sealskinz for every day, they are brilliant, warm and utterly waterproof. I can haul ice blocks out of the water tank with them and keep dry warm hands!

I don't like Sealskinz at all. Mr trews loves them though! I've tried several pairs and ended up just not bothering with them. I find they feel fat on my hands. I can't remember the actual models I had though.

My yard gloves are sealskinz, I wouldn't be without them, I do have a pair of sealskinz for riding in but they are just too bulky for riding I've found, I prefer my macwet's for riding in cold/wet weather, also helps having a very hairy Haffy with a thick mane to shove my frozen fingers under now and then. :rolleyes:

That't interesting - I have had several pairs of these. I really like them but they are about as waterproof as tissue paper - are yours waterproof?
Hmmm I wouldn’t say 100 percent waterproof but they’re more than good enough for what we do, I love that even with wet reins they don’t slip at all. Unless it’s really freezing, when I wouldn’t ride anyway, I’ve never had a problem with cold hands in them either.

Reactions: GaryB
newrider.com