Seeing as Ive been away... a mini update

popularfurball

Learning all the time
Jul 18, 2005
North west
I need to do the diary... but for those who have followed us... a mini update.

We went on the "hill" for three weeks, and madam has managed to shift about 30kg wahoo!!! So some before and after photos

Before
30062010740.jpg

After
020820101273.jpg
030820101309.jpg

Before
14072010966.jpg

After
270720101222.jpg

And the ithching....
Much of a muchness, she has been vbery cuddly yesterday and today which is AMAZING - I miss that side of her so much! But she looks very sore, and she wont let the flamazine anywhere near her - so I presume it must be stinging :( She is still on a bute a day, but will wean her off it as its not effective now. We started cavalesse today also to see how that goes, then vet coming out in 4weeks or so to reassess. Contemplating trying regumate to cease seasons, but we are coming towards the end now thankfully, so not sure how indicative of succes it will be.

Yesterday
030820101285.jpg

030820101296.jpg

030820101297.jpg

030820101286.jpg

030820101287.jpg

050820101334.jpg

040820101330.jpg

We are now back in our own field due to various problems (treats, fencing being taken down and straps being cut off rugs to name a few...) so they are on a tiny section and I will supplement with hay or gradually extend track, not sure which yet. Floor covered in kingsize duvets hahahaha. Cool or what :ninja::ninja::ninja:

Massive difference from before and after!!
Well done.

It has been 'Oddly' quiet without you posting.

Get back on form now PFB X

They look so much better PFB! :biggrin:

Well done on the weight, i know how hard a challenge it is lol!! :happy:

I have missed your dairy updates missus!! :biggrin:

Well done on the weight loss,can notice it a lot on madam,looks much trimmer!!
Can't notice so much on the little guy,but does seem to have lost a bit of belly,hard to tell due to his type and build but I suspect he has lost more than he appears to have.

Is a never ending battle with these ponio types isn't it.

Poor madam looks very sore,and sorry to hear she is not keen to let you treat her,I guess it must be stinging like you say.

Am racking my brains to think of what else to suggest you put on it,but not much is coming to mind.I had some miracle stuff for mud fever scabs but think it was also for other types of sores,*think* it was called amoresse,but it doesn't look right when I type it?? Like I said not sure if it would be suitable for madam's case,but only thing I can come up with.

What happened with the leggings and stuff you made up,is it not helping with the itching/scratching??

You can see the difference in madam, where is her crazy little outfit ??

Rascal looks gorgeous as ever, glad you got the brown spots in the post, they look very good on him :giggle:

Well done on the weight loss - madam looks great, but the poor thing with those sores. Wish I had something to suggest, but sorry I don't. Does she get better in the winter?

Silver's looking ace mrs, I know its been a struggle but you've got to be happy with how she looks now. I can see some weight off of littley aswell, not quite so dramatic but its definitely there.
Pjs, duvets, are we starting some sort of sleep clinic down there in Lancashire?

A horse in the field next to my lot has flamazine, he doesn't bother about it being put on, he is much sorer than Silver.

My chap Zebedee has to have sun cream on his pink nose, which I know doesn't sting, but he kicks up a big fuss about it.

Maybe its temperment, zebedee is ok about sun cream for the first few weeks, then starts running away when he knows whats coming.

Wow - the weight loss is amazing!!!

Have you tried the Naff Off fly gel? I really can't recommend it highly enough - it's tea tree based so helps with healing

Silver is funny with cream. I haven't even been putting the flamazine on her face as she hated it after first application - I put sudocream on the other day and now she knows that is what is going on she is more than happy to stand and have it put on??? Inc face. Its strange - shes also a sun cream hater - very annoying. Dont understand why sudocrem is ok though LOL.

She had the Naff off spray and gel last summer before she was "mine", didnt seem to make any difference - but then I was less clued up on routine so it would be worth a try again. She has started on cavalesse this week, so going to wait a few weeks and then get the vet out depending on the results. She is back in season again, hence the flare up I suspect.

PJs are on the "to do" pile, I cant get them right and been away etc - think I need to invest in some overreach boots, she keeps pulling the front ones off and ripping them.

They both look heaps better - think you've done a great job - wish I could shift the weight on my lot that rapidly.:redface:

I second the opinions on Aromaheel - tis like a pot of magic cream. Originally started using it for mud fever but now I no longer get mud fever with them (PO & Sulphur yay!!) I do still use it for any itchy scabby bits and is brilliant for rapid healing. Here is a link to there site - might be worth trying a pot of their itchy stuff?

http://www.aromesse.com/skin-problem/horse-natural-healthcare-products.html

Amoresse is going on order - probably tomorrow - just waiting on their advice :)

And LibbyLou -= how do I submit complaints? There was no disclaimer that the spots would fal back off again in a few months - very disappointed tbh. Would NOT recommend this seller :p

And we have been back in our field for a week now, and no weight gain (none loss either!!) and went for our first ride in ages on sunday - ACE! :D

newrider.com