Seen a horse I love

JOJOBA

Fluffy Bunny, apparently
Scraggy, ugly, small, dirty, gangly :p.

But absolutely perfect for me. PERFECT.

Only in advert form, dont worry I havent been travelling the country and wasting people's time :rolleyes:.

How do I convince my parents that a) I have time for a horse, b) they should get me one for christmas? :p

I could spend my own money on it (it's cheap) but I cant afford livery (of the type Id need) - so parently intervention is needed. My mum has 3 times promised we'll have a 'horse chat' and 3 times conveniently forgotten. She sighs and looks hard done to whenever I mention them :p.

Fingers crossed for the best christmas present ever.....! :D

(Not much chance. I will be so sad when his advert says 'sold'. Which I imagine wont take long. :().

xxx

I'd print off the advert and say to your mum "i think its about time we ehad that horsey chat mum".

And then go intot he reasons why you want this pony, what you think it will cost etc etc etc.

:)

I feel like a child again, I did all this when I got my first pony at 11!

Although on reflection.... it worked then ;)....

I feel odd having to ask my parents for help but I spent all my savings AND my inheritance (from a great aunt, not parents / grandparents!) *cries* on the stupid big chestnut thing :p.

Im officially broke - have enough money for horse and accessories and good tack (the money I got from selling Jack - I offered it to my parents since he left them thousands of pounds out of pocket, but they declined it, because they knew how depressed I was that my horse turned out to me a maniac so I should save it for a new horse). If it could live in a box in my room we'd be sorted!

I know what my parents have bought me for christmas though - a house for my 2 new pets :) (shh, not allowed pets in student accomodation!). I am officially collecting animals it seems - Im getting a new rabbit this week too! But she will be living at home in Sheffield, in an arranged marriage with my other rabbit (who is lonely).

xxx

Last edited:
I was about to say you're like a little kid stuck in an old-er person's body :D

You sound so excited and merry, definitely go for it. I'd love to see you enjoying horse ownership again, as would alot of people on here! :)

Parents need to be cornered.

I tried to have the horse chat sooooo many times and they dodged me. In the end I had to get my parents drunk to agree to Rambo despite the fact I had everything worked out! Purchase, livery, training, competitions... After that, my mum and I conspired to get my dad drunk to sign the contract.

"Good morning, dad, I know you don't remember much of last night, but you now own a horse :D Ta muchly!"

What breed? What colour?:D

My Ceryn would probably suit you, shes small, black and scruffy:D I am not sure she would be a dressage horse tho, she has lovely movement and looks good in western tack and hacks like a pro:D

Im not going to give you any more information if you're going to run off and search for it :p.

Bombproof, decent movement and conformation, and a nice temperament is all Im after. Dressage stars can be made with some effort and a horse you trust (in my case). Or at least dressage attempters :p. And western tack looks funky on most horses :p. I want to hack out without fear! To be honest I want to HANDLE a horse without fear, that would be a good start! (Thanks a lot Jack).
Ceryn probably would be perfect for me, if she wasnt a mare :eek:...

*sigh* Im just giving myself a few minutes unfounded excitement before I have to return to the horseless real world and leave for my exam :(.

xxx

I have fallen in love with a scruffy little yearling at my yard, she was a buy one get one free as they didn't know the mum was preggers when they bought her, but I am in love with this little pony, she's only just getting used to being handled but already lets me scrach her ears and lean accross the top of her to groom her and I can groom under he belly, there are so many reasons why she is not suitable...

1. She's a baby and I have no experience with youngsters
2. She's a mare, I have no experience with mares
3. She is still with her mother
4. I have just moved into an expensive new flat
5. I already have one horse on loan
6. I don't know anything about her breeding or how big she'll be (Mum is 14hh)

But I love her

aha so we know it's a gelding.:p
I've found one small scruggy pony who fits your description except for the ugly and gangly bit.

Good Luck for your exam:D

Just cry, am considering using that one if the discussion turns to ponies when OH gets back from deployment, although I am sincerely hoping I don't have to result to tears after the time I have just had!

Yip - that always works for me!!!:)

And also emphasise that after everything you've been through this year with Jack you really need to get back in the saddle again and rediscovering the joys of owning a horse etc, etc, etc:D:D

newrider.com