Shadow's pacifier - now with Shadow sporting it

Dark Storm

Well I'll be a Krampus's Auntie! :D!
Jan 4, 2009
Hadfield
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Aw Shadow!!! Poor lad - hope it does the trick. He could be a jousting horse if you got him some frilly tassel reins and co-ordinating accessories....

They come in one size, it just fits thankfully. He got a pleasant suprize today as he's been allowed out early for once (i have a wedding to go to in a bit).
He's been lunged and schooled today, boy that horse is unfit! All that time off has done him no favours.
He's got a full agenda this week, but it has to be done, have to get that muscle back :smile:

I don't know why but I can't see any of your photos. I'm interested to see what you got for Shadow.

Glad he's better now.

Cant see the photos either :help:

We have fun trying them on ourselves as different accessories :giggle:

Is it designed for riding or turnout? Or both.

I thought of Jousting but they have a fuller armour, is it specifically for flies or something similar.

Its for driving isn't it?

Last edited:
It's a Zilco racing pacifier, i'll try another way of downloading them, i'm either using my account or filker (at the moment).. mines blue, but they come in red or black too :smile:

http://www.saddlery.biz/zilco-airlite-hood-mesh-pacifier.html

Zilco Airlite is a very light mesh nylon with some stretch.
Allows full air circulation.
The hoods are fastned with clips and elastic straps under the neck.
The mesh has a remarkable calming affect on the horse apart from protecting debris.
The mesh eye is stitched to the hood and includes a lace-on half cup which may be removed or positioned as required.

I think it looks jolly smart actually! It seems like a really good fit.

What size of horse is he BTW? He is a big lad, isn't he?

He's Shire x Cob and stands at 15hh, at the moment he's a bit too big, but all that time off, with falling out of the field and the ulcer in his eye has meant he's not getting enough exercise.. I was quite surprised with him puffing after 20 mins of intense schooling - he usually breezes through - just shows how much catching up he needs to do..
It's going to take a month before we get back where we were..

Someone couldn't see my photo on my thread either.

I haven't seen the gallery at top for weeks now either.

I can see them now!that looks a great piece of kit,how does he get on with it?he's gorgeous by the way and really suits blue :D

I can see them now!that looks a great piece of kit,how does he get on with it?he's gorgeous by the way and really suits blue :D

He did great :biggrin: I took the blinkers off, thinking no use lunging him when he can't see the lung whip :giggle: In fact, unless your horse has issues about whats going on behind him, i wouldn't bother with them, just take them off.
I like the fact it doesn't interfere with his eyes, as the material ones kept getting caught in his eyelashes, making him rub his face, not good.

Lol yes that would have been funny to watch!glad he got on well with them must be lovely to have him all better now :) I know it was hard work getting there well done.
Will you use this indefinitely then or is it just for a while?

Lol yes that would have been funny to watch!glad he got on well with them must be lovely to have him all better now :) I know it was hard work getting there well done.
Will you use this indefinitely then or is it just for a while?

I'll probably use it for the next few weeks, then when the flies start to disappear, only when hacking. I've got to get him to wear it in the field yet, should be interesting.. We are only on day one, and even if I only ever get to use it when he's ridden, it'll still be there if the silly sausage does it again...

newrider.com