Shall the birds benefit or shall I say something or nowt?!!!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Potty MIL has been buying us copious amounts of crisps again which is RUDE as I keep telling her we are both dieting. Now I know I am a ranting idiot on here but really I do have to get opinions if you are kind enough to give them....:biggrin: Should I crush them up and let the crows eat them or politely give them back to her?????! If I say nowt, she will keep on buying them. BIG huge multi-packs. She is wasting her money - and it annoys me as I hate waste. Plus, she thinks she is "fattening" OH up - he keeps telling her he's trying to lose weight (he is slightly overweight and aged 43 I think he needs to trim down because it isn't good for you heart etc etc) She annoys me because she always tells ME in no uncertain terms if there is something she does not like or want. Eg, if I turned up with a CAKE at her house or EGGs (she hates eggs) she would just tell me outright that she did not want it. So, do I feed the birds or give them back or just say nowt and put them quietly in the bin?????????? I know I shouldn't let it annoy me but it does.:redface::redface:

id give them back saying that neither you or OH are eating crisps due to your diet...if she insists again then say unfortunately she is wasting her money and put them in the bin in front of her!!

Oh boy ! She never stops winding you up, does she ? (mind you, it gives us interesting posts lol)
I would give them back to her so she understands that you don't want them otherwise she will just carry on annoying you. You could keep one packet in the cupboard then be really polite , say thank you very much but we still have the last lot and give the rest back.
Don't feed them to the crows unless you really don't like crows as the salt would be bad for them.
Good luck with her !!!
x

I think I might just give them back then - because the thing is, she just keeps on buying them if I don't say anything! It's taken me 10 years to get her to stop buying HUGE bars of chocolate every week!!! You are right too - the crows shouldn't eat them, I read that the salt is bad for birds or something - I will leave them at her house next time I call round. I know it annoys OH but he likes a quiet life..............

Just wanted to add: I can't win either if I tell her we are trying to eat healthy foods - last time I said that, she turned up with cans of aduki beans and black eyed beans! Which whilst being useful is rather annoying and quite weird. I mean why does she have to buy us food for heavens sake????????! Maybe it is some weird tradition in their family. I know one of OH's cousins wives got sick of her MIL taking baked goods round every week...............

I think I would have to give them back and give her a list of things you do want not what you don't. I think its probably a tradition thing and she thinks she is being kind and helping you out. That is rather sweet. My family are a bit like this. We often bring stuff to each other but not always the same thing. Sometimes I give eggs, sometimes a cake or if we buy something which wont get eaten or we are not going to wear we offer it round the family. Don't know where it comes from, we have always done it especially if one lot are flush and the other potless:smile:

I'd give them the hens, but all that salt might not be good for them.

Thing is I don't like food gifts because OH and I are really trying to keep our weight down atm - mainly for the horses sake but also because neither of us wants to end up with a fat related health problem. My father had a stroke due to high bp when he was quite young so I don't want to suffer the same fate. I have mentioned to MIL that I've been told to lose weight by the practice nurse but it fell on deaf ears... Also OH had his asthma check up and he is only just within healthy weight range. Again, none of this seems to matter to her. I appreciate she likes to "spoil" us, but I have tried to give her alternatives - in a nice way I have often expressed an interest in other non food items....ah well....

OH thinks we should make mischief and take her a box of Ready Brek as she does not eat sweets or crisps herself and only eats healthy stuff. I think its a good idea and she might just get the message! lol. She is VERY thin because she does not eat much and is very aware of her own health. I think this is what infuriates me - fact that she has her own rules about food but then tries foisting it off on us!!!

Thing is I don't like food gifts because OH and I are really trying to keep our weight down atm - mainly for the horses sake but also because neither of us wants to end up with a fat related health problem. My father had a stroke due to high bp when he was quite young so I don't want to suffer the same fate. I have mentioned to MIL that I've been told to lose weight by the practice nurse but it fell on deaf ears... Also OH had his asthma check up and he is only just within healthy weight range. Again, none of this seems to matter to her. I appreciate she likes to "spoil" us, but I have tried to give her alternatives - in a nice way I have often expressed an interest in other non food items....ah well....

OH thinks we should make mischief and take her a box of Ready Brek as she does not eat sweets or crisps herself and only eats healthy stuff. I think its a good idea and she might just get the message! lol. She is VERY thin because she does not eat much and is very aware of her own health. I think this is what infuriates me - fact that she has her own rules about food but then tries foisting it off on us!!!

newrider.com