Shall the oldies have a show.......

breeches

No talent, but tries hard
May 13, 2006
wiltshire
I dont know wether this has been done before, probably, but if it hasnt, why dont we have a horse show.......on NR. we could have a variety of classes, highest photo of a jump, best presented horse, most bombproof, worst dressed horse and rider, even a fancy dress........you could post the photo and state what class, might be a giggle:) , might be frowned upon:confused: , every class is included, may be good for those of us that will never win a rosette.....what do you think?

There is one being organised to help fund equipment/operation for Monty (a NR'er). I vote that if we have a "wrinklies" photo comp we should include it as a class on there. It's a really worthwhile cause. You probably wont know Monty, but there's a link in the cafe area that will bring you up to date with her story.

I'm up for posting a "wrinklie" photo ;)

It's all in a board of its own now. This is the thread that chev posted in the cafe (it's at the top in a sticky). Sorry, can't seem to do a link :eek:

Quote chev "Given that so many want to help Monty in some way, and Monty has agreed to accepting help in some way, a board has been set up for those who do want to contribute in some way.
It can be found here.
A brief history of the more recent events leading up to this development can be found in this thread.
I feel it should be made absolutely clear now that this is not something invited or instigated by Monty herself in any way. It is nothing to do with New Rider itself, nor is New Rider affiliated or conected to it in any way. It is just something that several individuals felt they wanted to help with, in whatever way they could, for their own reasons.
I think the generosity shown is incredible; it's both heartwarming and humbling to see something so good come of the internet, and for someone who does show so much courage, and who has herself worked very hard to contribute and raise money for those who've helped her in the past.
Could all discussion related to this now be posted on the new board, please, and not here, thankyou." End Quote

Just thought if we wanted a wrinklies photoshoot, maybe we could ask for a class in the photocomp being organised for Monty??

Will try and find the link for the photo comp. Think it was posted by Mehitabel in the cafe area. If anyone can post the link - please do!!:eek:

all will be revealed in the very near future! the photoshow is almost ready to go, we are just ironing out the last details of judges, sponsors, etc.

there will be a ridden flat class, a ridden jumping class (judged on rider style and way of going of horse) as well as many others.

time is running out to suggest new classes but if anyone wants a grownups- only class, please join here, post in the photoshow thread and we will see if it is doable.

http://montyfund.proboards77.com

newrider.com