Shameless I love my horse post.....

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
I can't stay away from posting updates on my fabulous Ben for long! What else would I do when I am supposed to be working tomorrow if I didn't have NR to read?

I haven't got any more pictures, but I wanted to say that I did ride him today, he was absolutely fine to put the bridle on and a complete dream to ride. Considering he hasn't been ridden since Sunday and the school has been redone and there is lots of machinary around, I will a little nervous. However, he was a complete star and other than looking at the digger, he didn't react to anything. We did some leg yielding which he is very good at and this made him really engaged and go into a lovely outline.

He is starting to settle down in the stable and we didn't have so much box walking today. I'm hoping that the test results will come back clear either tomorrow or Friday and then he can go out to play. I love him and I still can't believe that he is all mine!

What a lovely post. Also that his mouth must feel a lot better. Go you for riding him today ;) . Piccies when you have him in the field pleeeeeesssseeee :) :) with no doubt him bombing around. Yay

Say it with me: I am a horse owner, i am a horse owner wooooooohoooooo

Think its probably been a bit of a roller coaster ride for your first week of ownership, but you have come out smiling.

Onwards and upwards :biggrin:

Fingers crossed for a good result tomorrow so you can both settle into a normal routine. I'm sure you have many happy years together in front of you.

Really hope you get good results MP and that Ben can go out with the herd soon. The world of horse ownership is awesome isn't it!

Can't wait to hear that his results are clear, and that he can enjoy himself out and about! It WILL happen, sooner or later.

Then you can really start to ENJOY your new horsey life with the fabulous Ben.

Thanks everyone. I managed to take a few hours off work this afternoon and go down and see him. We had another lovely ride and then I took him for an hours in-hand walk to get some grass. I felt very sad putting him back in his isolation stable, especially as he called for me as soon as I was out of sight. I am really hoping that the tests come back clear so he can go out tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Isn't it a wonderful feeling when they call to you ? Sylvie sometimes does it so low you almost can't hear it but can see her nostrils vibrating :biggrin:
These first few weeks getting to know your new horse can be so amazing and, with Sylvie, I feel like I am falling in love. I know that may seem a bit over the top but sometimes I am so happy I am giddy and have a silly grin on my face, and sometimes I feel very deeply moved and humble.
Enjoy getting to know your boy and finding out who he is and how he thinks.
I know this isolation is hard for him but the very fact that he depends on you for pretty much everything will be helping your bond to grow deeper and quicker. I bet grass never tasted so good as when you took him for that walk today :dance: xxx

newrider.com