Shameless I love my horse thread

nat17

Minnie, Sam and Dolly
May 30, 2002
Cotswolds
Visit site
I have really thrown myself into riding Sam this year, we ride 5 or 6 times a week and we are both loving it.

I have been riding at 6am most mornings but its now coming to the end of being able to that and I don't really get time in the evening. I have a week off soon but then it may well be that we don't ride over winter too much.

Yesterday morning and this morning Sam was a superstar dressage horse, really working hard and apart from running off with me this morning for half a lap, he really is my perfect horse and is doing so well. The more difficult the request the more he tries.

I luffs him loads :):)

This is fab to hear Nat. You've very quietly just got on with those confidence issues you were having and overcome them. Glad to hear things have been good this year. Here's to many more of the same!

Reactions: nat17
Nat, am just so pleased for you! That is just fantastic. And as FM says, you have just got on with it and sorted it.

Go you!

Tis dark now in the mornings, I am finding it harder and harder to get up as it is not full on sunshine anymore and quite dimpsy early.

Great post - tis a wonderful feeling when we manage to conquer our nervous blips and really enjoy our horses isn't it? Are you like me and wonder what on earth you were ever so nervous about? I often think back to how I had got myself with JJ and even with Dolly in the first few months. Now I cant believe that was me at all!:eek::D

Trewsers is quite right, we need pics, lots of pics!:p

I have been quietly getting on with it, since my horseback combat course I have had the need to get o with it. I have a hell of a long way to go still but its coming and I am getting there.

Thanks for the nice words, I do feel like I have done well but also Sam has done what he needed to do, which was test me everyday and make me push on and trust him

I love threads like this, it's so nice to read how far you've come and very obvious how much he means to you :)

What a lovely positive post. Hope you enjoy your week off and get loads of riding in while you can. I'd love to see those pictures!

newrider.com