Sharing a horse

A complete novice is not what many owners look for as they are generally looking to free up more of their own time/money, BUT you might find someone who has multiple horses who just wants an extra pair of hands to keep the 2nd fit and will be around when you are so can help you along the way, they do exist. Personally if I were looking for a sharer a newby adult would be far more appealing to me that a teen who thinks they know it all :)
Volunteering at a rescue or RDA is a great way to network whilst learning more on the ground skills too :)

Reactions: misty
I found my old share through a friend of a friend, she had 4 horses so needed someone to ride out with her. Basically looking for a helping hand and someone to chat to! We then had a novice girl come and join us to ride the pony, she couldn't tack up when she first started but was keen to learn. There are those people out there. Maybe post on local horse facebook groups - be very honest about what you can and cannot do. Hopefully there is someone out there looking for some help.

When I advertised my girl Roxy for share, I had loads of novices come to look at her and quickly discovered that what most of them really wanted was for me to teach them how to ride and look after horses! Which wasn't what I was after at all - I was looking for someone competent who could treat her as their own while I focused on Angel for a while. Plus they kept falling off her, which made me feel horribly guilty! So while I understand the attraction of novices to find a share, I would urge you to focus on riding lessons and maybe pay for some stable management lessons, as it really isn't safe to let novices loose on privately owned horses (which are usually MUCH trickier than riding school horses) without supervision.

newrider.com