Shedding

Yep, the days are slowly getting shorter :(

We have solar fairy fairys on our shed and they are coming on about 8.45 now - when it used to be 9pm.

Pete's usually fluffy with the makings of a decent winter coat by September!

Jess is back to shedding again I noticed last night, I probably wouldn't notice it if she wasn't wearing a fly rug as that seems to hold the loose bits on.
I also had to put lights on in the house to get ready in the mornings the last few days, and due to a gloomy morning needed lights on the car on the way to work today :( It makes me sad.

It's ten minutes a week that it gets darker at both ends isn't it?
Definately already noticing the mornings, evenings not so much.

It's ten minutes a week that it gets darker at both ends isn't it?
Definately already noticing the mornings, evenings not so much.
In the past
week in London, sunrise is 10 minutes later in the mornings and sunset 12 minutes earlier in the evenings :( 22 minutes a day! According to time and tide https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/uk/london I had to look because I didn't think it was even as much as 10 minutes a week yet :(

This is the time of year when the change is most rapid. It peaks either side of the equinox and slow down to imperceptible at Midsummer and Midwinter.

If this intrigues you, I recommend an old fashioned little app called "Sungraph" which shows you all the detail for anywhere you like.

I am definitely noticing how much darker it is in the evenings. We don't need to draw the curtains to watch TV any more!

Reactions: Jessey and PePo
This is the time of year when the change is most rapid. It peaks either side of the equinox and slow down to imperceptible at Midsummer and Midwinter.

If this intrigues you, I recommend an old fashioned little app called "Sungraph" which shows you all the detail for anywhere you like.

I am definitely noticing how much darker it is in the evenings. We don't need to draw the curtains to watch TV any more!
My gps tells me when the sun sets, but thankfully we are not at the stage when I need to decide if I can fit a ride on to beat the light yet.

Is that app for android?

Yup I was hoping the wee guys kept his lovely golden coat until end of sept but I think we will be returning to that funny liver colour before the champs! It’s coming out like I’m clipping!

Raf was clipped yesterday, quite a bit came out and he was so much less sweaty after our lesson yesterday and our ride today. I'm hoping I won't have to deal with so much hair now, and also that he'll be more comfortable when hound exercises start next weekend.

Chunkys definitely shedding. I put the shedding blade on him and a load came off his rump and bottom tonight.
Nights are definitely drawing in. It was almost dark by 9. I was still out feeding the sheep and could barely see them. I need to adjust my routine quite a bit. Might have to start putting my phone app on to alert me an hour before the end of civil twilight so it allows me enough time to get round all the checks. I need to be more organised.

Reactions: Huggy and newforest
I was thinking the gps might need to get new batteries for the sunset beep.

With the weather we have had this weekend she's probably glad she could fuzz herself up a bit.
They keep the summer coat for the shortest time don't they?

Reactions: Huggy
Chunkys definitely shedding. I put the shedding blade on him and a load came off his rump and bottom tonight.
Nights are definitely drawing in. It was almost dark by 9. I was still out feeding the sheep and could barely see them. I need to adjust my routine quite a bit. Might have to start putting my phone app on to alert me an hour before the end of civil twilight so it allows me enough time to get round all the checks. I need to be more organised.
What phone app is it you use @chunky monkey ?

What phone app is it you use @chunky monkey ?
@Jessey it's called rooster alarm clock. Its basic but very customizable for my needs. You can set it so it goes off x minutes before sunrise. So in the winter I use this instead of getting out of bed at an exact 6am each day.
In the spring when I'm lambing I can use it to alert me that I have x minutes before dark so I need to go get the sheep and lambs in for the night.
I shall put it on next week as I've agreed to go and shut someones hens up whilst there on holiday. Because of the day length changing it means I dont have to work it out. The phone does it all for me.

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com