Shires Rugs

nat17

Minnie, Sam and Dolly
May 30, 2002
Cotswolds
Visit site
I am looking for a new rug for Minnie this winter, she has a few but in need of a new 250g/300g full neck turnout,

I have seen a Shires one but dont know the brand very well. I tend to stick to horseware, fal, a few cheapo derby house ones, weatherbeeta that type...

Anyone got any experience with Shires rugs, size and durability?

I love Shires rugs - they fit both my old ISH & my NF. They last for ages, fit well & I've not had any experience of them leaking or anything. I'd say they are true to size :)

I've had Shires fly rugs and fleeces and they've been excellent. I have also had a light weight turnout which was good and lasted well too.

I have had them a couple of times for my donkeys, they were very good value and lasted well considering how hard my donkeys are on rugs!:rolleyes:

My main bug bear is the lack of shoulder gusset! The new weatherbeetas are the same though, it's very disappointing!

I use shires turnouts and find them surprisingly hard wearing! And they do good colours, my grey loads HW is orange, his MW purple spots and his LW blue spots!

I like Shires rugs - they are hard-wearing and were a good true-to-size fit on my old cobby horse. I am hoping my heavyweight 6 foot turnout rug will fit my 14.2 warmblood - she usually takes a 5 foot 9. Fingers crossed!

newrider.com