Shocked and Gutted.....

Pale Moon

Mar 31, 2007
As most people on here, who know me reasonably well, know that I rehomed my lovely horse whom I have had for ten years 5 days ago. All is well with his new home.

I have had adverts up on quite a few websites since I first advertised him about 3 weeks ago, some of them quite well know, such as HorseMart. To be honest I haven't had the time, or the inclination, to remove the adverts... my fault entirely. I have continued to get a few calls, much diminishing as the weeks went by, asking if Banjo was still for sale. Obviously I have been polite and told them thanks, but he has been sold. There has also been no link to where he is (was) stabled, apart from the general location - no yard name or anything like that.

I had a call this morning, from someone asking if he was still for sale. To be honest, even if he were still for sale, I would have been wary - this person sounded rough to the extreme - the first words were "I'm ringin about Hoss."

I said thanks for your call, but he has been sold.

I then got - "To who?"

I was a bit shocked at this and said "I don't mean to be rude, but that isn't really any of your business."

I then got

"I know you."

I started feeling a bit creeped out by this time and asked who it was who was calling.

I then got

"You know who I am."

I responded with

"I have absolutely no idea, I am terminating this converstation."

And I put the phone down.

This was my landline by the way.

Two minutes later, it rang again.

Got the same person who said

"You're disgusting."

I hung up again.

Since then, I have had about 20 such calls, not only on my landline but also on my mobile.

The first few I ignored, but then I got really irritated and answered one call.

It was the same person.

She said "You know why you're selling your horse Rachel??? Because you are a shi*e owner, you know nothing and your horse is better off without you. You are a pathetic excuse of a horse owner, and as a person..." and then rang off.

I'll be honest.... ever since that last call at about 3pm this afternoon, I have been in absolute floods of tears.

Rehoming Banjo was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do - but I did it because I LOVE HIM - not because he was lacking in anything by staying with me. I am devastated that someone, who obviously knows me, would be so cruel. My horse has, in the last 10 years, lived in the lap of luxury. Yes, a full livery, but also by the same token, has wanted for absolutely NOTHING. He has been well cared for to the extreme.

Why on earth would anyone do this to me???

Lee has been onto the Police and also to TMobile, to see if they can trace the calls.

I haven't had any more since then, but am seriously upset.

OMG poor you. It must be scary but try not to take it to heart, its obviously someone who wants you to be upset. Just a complete ar$e hole and not worth the tears. Hope you find out who it is or at least the police to go and have a word. Why on earth would someone do such a horrible thing. It must have been such a difficult time and im sure there is no doubt about your love for Banjo, if you did not care you would not be so upset and on here. Chin up :wink:

DEFINATELY report this to the police and to your phone companies. It is harrasment and you should never have to suffer at the hands of a cowardly bully who is obviously enjoying causing you pain.

*HUGS* you definately didn't deserver this hun.

DEFINATELY report this to the police and to your phone companies. It is harrasment and you should never have to suffer at the hands of a cowardly bully who is obviously enjoying causing you pain.

*HUGS* you definately didn't deserver this hun.

Ditto this. What a nasty piece of work.

So sorry someone is treating you so badly.

This is disgusting, i hope you are ok.
This person is obviously a jelious,vicious and vile!!
I hope they find out who it is!
Starting to sound like some of the people i know of sorry guys some horsey people are the worst!!

It obviously someone who gets a kick out of kicking people when they are down please don't let it get to you, you know the truth and the reasons why you found him an excellent new home. Inform the police and keep a diary of the phone calls and big hugs as you don't need this.

That is awful. I know it is hard but just ignore it as best you can. Only you know the ins and outs of you and your horse and it sounds like you have done the right thing.

I hope the police sort it out. You really don't deserve that.

Absolutely vile - big thumbs up for Lee doing the right thing and contacting the police and TMob. Some sick folk out there. As I said in a previous post - you showed just how much you do care about Banjo by taking the incredibly hard decision you took. Big supportive hugs to you both.

That is really horrible - I can't imagine what sort of person would do something like this. Telling the police was the best thing you could do - and can't you block certain numbers from ringing your phone?

It must have been a horrible shock; it seems so personal, but of course it isn't really - it's not about you, this person doesn't know you , and probably picked your number out of the ad.

Thats disgusting, i had a long time back mysterious annonymous calls on my mobile, when i contacted my mobile provider they said as soon as you get one of these calls phone the phone provider immediatly after, they can trace it better. After 6 such calls i never received any more. They will not tell you who it is but I think the provider contacts the police and they sort it as its harassment.

Good luck, and be happy in the knowledge that your horse is going to be well looked after in his new home.

Big hugs.

I am very sorry. I dont understand how someone could be so nasty. I hope police or mobile operator will trace that person and something will be done.
I feel for you. Hugs to you.

How bloody disgusting!
Have you had any more calls since?

Have you any idea or inkling at all who would possibly do this?

BT can trace it. You just need the police to fill out a request for the number and they'll give it to the police and they can go round and have a word in their shell -like.

Whichever telephone provider will trace and block it for you, even change your number for free if needed, you just need a crime reference number.

newrider.com