Shocking behaviour!

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
So opposite our yard there is about 40 acres worth of open fields known as 'Common' As its has around 20 travellers horses, a mixture of a stallion when its time for him to do his job, mares and foals. All owned by one person.
I was on the yard tonight watching a pony trot up when we heard a very loud engine, all the horses on common where galloping around been followed by a blue 4x4. Me and a friend shot over there and this 4x4 was driving at the horses, making them gallop for a good 40 mins. People were on the phone to the police and the RSPCA. In the end they managed to separate one horse from the herd and grabbed in, leading it away. We managed to get near enough the rest of the herd to check for injuries. All the horses ( Some mares were about to pop!) including the young foals were dripping with sweat, veins all to the surface. Breathing very heavily indeed. Sadly one of the mares with a foal at foot appeared to be injured quite badly and wouldn't weight bear on its left hind.
I know the owner has previously had some for sale, but when he has gone to get one. He will get the leader of the herd and then the rest follow. Never have I see anyone actually be in a 4x4 chasing the horses around in such a manner! The 4x4 itself didn't even have a number plate on the front and was completely missing the left headlight of the car.

Really shocked by this. People from their houses were coming to see what was going on. All I could think about was them poor foals dripping with sweat and the poor mare with the badly damaged leg and her foal trying t suckle :(

There are some twisted folk in the world. How heartbreaking. I hope the driver gets caught but sadly, these days, I don't have a lot of faith that they will. :(

That sounds so cruel. Bloody idiot. Hope something gets sorted, please keep us updated if you hear anything. Poor poor mares, specially the one that looked lame by the end of it.

Hope they're okay and have recovered from the stress, poor things. There are some horrible people out there, the place where I volunteer was broken into last week and they deliberately injured two of the horses quite severely. :( don't know how anyone could think animal cruelty is 'fun'.

Hope they're okay and have recovered from the stress, poor things. There are some horrible people out there, the place where I volunteer was broken into last week and they deliberately injured two of the horses quite severely. :( don't know how anyone could think animal cruelty is 'fun'.

Oh that is disgusting, how bloodh sad that folk will do that:( I hope the horses will recover okay?

Reactions: Orenoko
newrider.com