Shortest ride in history

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
Dear Buddy,

I spent a good 20 minutes grooming you, doing your feet, trimmed your tail, put on your boots.

Saddled up, got on. We got about 150 yards from home, yes there was a little frost but other horses had gone up the road unscathed.

You spooked at the building works being done at the big dyke, went sideways and found the only piece of ice in the entire vicinity, did bambi on ice and so we turned around, gingerly, and came home.

Total riding time about 5 minutes. Of oourse if I had continued and you slipped and fell I would be feeling awful so you strolled back with a smirk on your face and watched you triumphantly canter up the field....

Dear Buddy,

I spent a good 20 minutes grooming you, doing your feet, trimmed your tail, put on your boots.

Saddled up, got on. We got about 150 yards from home, yes there was a little frost but other horses had gone up the road unscathed.

You spooked at the building works being done at the big dyke, went sideways and found the only piece of ice in the entire vicinity, did bambi on ice and so we turned around, gingerly, and came home.

Total riding time about 5 minutes. Of oourse if I had continued and you slipped and fell I would be feeling awful so you strolled back with a smirk on your face and watched you triumphantly canter up the field....
I'm sorry, it's not funny, but it is! Horses can be, and often are, the biggest gits on the planet. Why do we love them? Someone remind me :rolleyes::p.

Reactions: Native Lover
I'm sorry, it's not funny, but it is! Horses can be, and often are, the biggest gits on the planet. Why do we love them? Someone remind me :rolleyes::p.

It's so funny, I was in stitches, I just love Buddy's sense of fun and humour. He plays me like a violin. I just adore this boy, he is such a character

Reactions: Huggy
we went out on Sunday, got caught in sleet turned around and came home in under 15 minute even though he had a rain sheet on and I had a coat on, it was just horrible

Reactions: Jessey
I did the same 15 minutes of grooming got 50 yards out the back gate he spinner reared I got off and walked the whole hack as know where to get back on

I once wanted to go hacking in some local woods.....I bathed , groomed her loaded her.... got her to the car park tacked her up while she was spinning round being a right cow bag and I was arguing with my partner lol I didn’t even manage to get on I was so stressed out..... I untracked her and put her back on the box.... but she did look beautiful glistening dapples in the sunshine lol.

But well done for getting your five minutes :)

I once wanted to go hacking in some local woods.....I bathed , groomed her loaded her.... got her to the car park tacked her up while she was spinning round being a right cow bag and I was arguing with my partner lol I didn’t even manage to get on I was so stressed out..... I untracked her and put her back on the box.... but she did look beautiful glistening dapples in the sunshine lol.

But well done for getting your five minutes :)

done that myself, if I am in a bad mood I don't go out

Reactions: Native Lover
newrider.com