Should i be worried?

Sophie..*

Oct 6, 2007
Warks.
Yesterday evening, Dougs came in with a slight nose bleed, only a trickle and i wasnt to worried, as he has had one in the past, so i rode him like normal. Today i brought him in and he still had a bit of blood on his nose, and he face near his eye had swollen up, only slightly but you could tell. Do you think these to are related, he did have a cut on sunday, near the top left of his eye, and i washed it and stuck some derma gell on it, and it seemed fine yesterday morning.

After i took him for a walk down the rode, his nose wasnt bleeding and was just normal. Hes fine in himself, eating, drinking, riding fine. I asked a person at the yard, but she said just keep an eye on him. Thoughts please? :confused:

I would probably phone the vet to discuss it as he may have his his head if he has a cut above his eye. I would phone just to be sure !

Just call and ask the vet.
When Forest had a nosebleed they were great, gave advise down the phone and told me what to do. And they didn't come out to see him as it was only once that it bled.

However, had it bled for a second time I would have been asking them to come and see him just to make sure :)

Agree with the others.

I am a total worrier where Banjo is concerned, but would definitely have the Vet out for something like this, just to be on the safe side.

Hope he's okay.
x

newrider.com