Should I just take the hint? Thoughts?

I think that if someone is making the effort to email/text/write letters to you etc. then they are not trying to cut you out of their life.

Why not write her an email and be honest. Tell her that you have been disappointed that you haven't met up in the last few visits you have been visiting and that you would really like to see her next time. You could say that you almost feel that she hasn't wanted to meet up on purpose and see what her response is. There could be a hundred reasons why. Perhaps she was genuinely busy, perhaps she wasn't looking or feeling her best, perhaps she is depressed, or perhaps you are right and she doesn't want to see you. But unless you ask you will never know.

Friendships do go through 'up' and 'downs', but good friends can be honest with each other and say these difficult things.

I’m rubbish at meeting up with friends. But I do keep in touch via email, texts, FB etc. It’s easy to do that as I can do it from home, work, my mums, on the move. Committing to a meet up, however, is a big thing. I have so little free time, I want to ride whenever I can. If I commit to meeting up on a Saturday afternoon, and it’s raining in the morning, but forecast nice in the afternoon then I think the meet up is a waste of riding time!
My sister is always asking me to do a theatre trip, but she books months in advance, I don’t plan anything for days in advance, as my life revolves around my ponies, one of which is often sick, I don’t want to commit to something then have to leave her in the care of someone else.
Maybe your friend is similar and has a lot going on in her own life. Keep emailing her, let her know when you will be around for a mee5 up, and let her know that you’d love to see her. If she wants to make the effort to see you, she will.
This is me too, I have committed a lot of responsibility with my current field and time is very precious, especially daylight hours this time of year when I work 45 hours a week. I love to stay in touch with my friends and family via emails/facebook, but I don't speak to them often and see them even less. I guess I have just filled my life to keep myself busy day to day and its mostly stuff I can't just put down and not do, and my fibro means I need to have down time in there and using that to see people puts me out of whack for at least a week.
Maybe try messaging closer to the time, if she's a last minute planner, and say I'm in town fancy a quick coffee?

I lost touch with a friend for two years. We only live ten miles apart, bumped into each other and we are back chatting as we used to.
Losing touch didn't mean it was final. We at that time 'changed' drifted whatever you call it and sometimes you do need space.
What's the age gap as that was partly why we lost touch, our lives were just so different.

We are three years apart, she being the elder.

It's a hard call.
I'm not really social to meet up for coffee kind of thing.
Asking directly might be the way to go.

I did something last fall with my friend that moved away to upper new York State.
Maybe not the best way to do things.
And I'm trying to figure how to deal with it
For a next time.

She was down and wanted to
Come over ok so we semi make plans.
I was soooi anxious to walk the property show her where the horses will go
The trails I'm making here and the ones
In the forest
Maybe go to a tack shop.
Basically catch up on HORSEY friendship time.

Then the BOMBSHELL wellllllll maybe I'll bring my MOTHER for the ride.

For a million reeaons I'm not keen on her MOTHER .

And for me that's just going to ruin any fun time for me and thats just not going to happen.

I tried to dissuade her and finally said let's just make it some other time.

Am I a bad person maybe some will think so.
Somehow when she is going to come down again.
I'm going to have to be blunt and say
Somehow I want this to just be horsey catch up time for just US.
I was a little upset she even suggested
Bringing her MOTHER.

Reactions: Trewsers
Lots of good advice as always:)thank you all for listening to me ramble on - and for giving your thoughts. For the time being I'm not going to mention it to her again. For whatever reason she doesn't feel like meeting up, and maybe just wants to be long-distance friends? If that makea sense. I won't push it because I'd hate to lose her altogether, I've known her since I was 19 (and that's a long time ago:p)

newrider.com