Show Jumping Local

First Summer Show coming up:

Does anyone know what height Open will be?

Mini Novice - 0.45m
Novice - 0.6m
Open - it doesn't mention.

This is for a local riding club for those who don't compete so just horse owners nearby (VERY small show, I think).

I have a green pony and want to be careful what I do.

How many classes would you enter: Ridden Classes, Working Hunter, SJ, CR

I'm thinking 1 Ridden class plus pony judge would most like to take home (2)
Working Hunter (Novice)
SJ (Novice + dep. on height Open).

Would this be too many? 7. :eek: She would have loads of rest in between. It is a 1minute hack up a lane to show field!

Please answer honestly as I HAVE no idea:confused::rolleyes:

Last edited:
I personally wouldn't do two working hunters because the judge will see you twice and you won't get placed in the second one. I Would do 2 jumping classes too so your pony won't get bored. :D

Last time I did an open jumping class was at the Blair Gymkhana this year and it didn't say what height it would be on the schedule but I'd reckon it was 75/85cm when I jumped it :)

Here's a picture of the open height at the blair.

090627_d3a_7560_std.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't enter so many classes - if they are in different rings (the local show near me has three rings - ridden showing, inhand showing, and showjumping) then with seven (?) classes it's more likely they'll clash...

btw, I think the open might be about 75cm seeing as the other two classes have 15cm inbetween them? You could always ask the secretary before you make your entries :)

newrider.com