Show us your feet?

I was trying to find a before picture but can't at the moment, they do look so much better than that! I'm a little stumped as to why he keeps developing event lines if anyone has any ideas, he's never on lush grazing and never has a pulse or heat or anything...
My understanding of grass rings are a change in diet.
Grass flush, changing fields, stopping hay/ introducing it, worming, mineral changes
etc.
Did you move about 4 months ago?

Reactions: MrA and Jessey
:D sorry couldn't resist.

Mechanically compromised but sound.
Hoof boots if go out, shoeless if not.
View attachment 94326
oh my goodness that made me laugh out loud which isn't good as I'm sitting in the hospital waiting area ..now getting strange looks..the colour of your feet compared to your legs :p:D Though I am envious as to how brown your legs are :D

Took a few pics this morning...firstly Marley who came in this morning with a chip , I cut the flappy bit off and filed down with my radius rasp, so all good. But they are deffo growing a lot faster in this dry, hot weather. As an idea how quickly they are growing , they both got trimmed back on the 9th March then didn't need doing again until 5th June, so 3 months now 7 weeks on and the deffo both need a trim. Feet are very hard and strong, I haven't put oils or potions on them in the last couple of years. I now and again spray with purple spray just as a precaution.
Marley
24.7.18.fourhooves.jpg 20180724.4.jpg 20180724.6.jpg 20180724.7 under.jpg Below is after I filed down the chipped, broken hoof.20180724.after rasp.jpg

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
Now wee man Rummy's dainty feet.:D
He is 34 years olds, almost 35, has had laminitis in the past , his feet don't look the best as he grows the front right at a funny angle , but it is what he needs as he has arthritis and he walks by throwing his leg out to the side slightly. He is currently happily walking over stones etc and he has good thick soles. Forgot to mention that both my boys have cushings for you that don't know although I'm sure you all do by now :oops::)
20180724.rummy4.jpg 20180724.rummy forward.jpg 20180724.rummy back.jpg 20180724.rummyup.jpg

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
Don’t know why but Belles feet have slowed right down this summer. Not sure if I should be worried now?
Having said that I’ve not noticed my hair or nails growing quicker either.

Reactions: OwnedbyChanter
My understanding of grass rings are a change in diet.
Grass flush, changing fields, stopping hay/ introducing it, worming, mineral changes
etc.
Did you move about 4 months ago?
Can an abscess leave a ring? Belle has one on one of her front feet, not on the others and the only thing I can think of is the abscess she had in the winter?

The track/field are like thisFB_IMG_1532449697217.jpg FB_IMG_1532449647785.jpg Jess’s feetFB_IMG_1532449679130.jpg FB_IMG_1532449686391.jpg

FB_IMG_1532449683033.jpg Dan'sFB_IMG_1532449675684.jpg FB_IMG_1532449694085.jpg and last but not least hankFB_IMG_1532449651170.jpg FB_IMG_1532449690741.jpg not putting anything on them, they get a few minutes of damp when they are showered off and occasional sole/frog thrust treatment. They do need watering immediately prior to a trim, they are super tough, this weather seems to have done them the world of good.

Nothing added to my two hadvthe farrier today after six weeks not a lot of growth on either of them,

Chanter is clearly favouring his good leg as a lot more growth on his bad where he is holding it.

No cracks or chips in any even chanters backs that aren’t shod

Fresh back from a hack tonight!

l8uHyHp.jpg

Considering the ground and his background, I'm pleased enough with how they look!

:D sorry couldn't resist.

Mechanically compromised but sound.
Hoof boots if go out, shoeless if not.
View attachment 94326
When I saw the thread title that's exactly what went through my mind. There's always one!!!!!!

Yes, both changes in diet and abscesses can cause rings.

Dietary changes in a sheep show up as rings/ridges in there horns.
IMG_20180707_215129901_crop_225x384.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpeg
Zi this morning. I think they are looking good considering we are only one year into being without shoes and prior to that they were shod for nine years - and not that good looking. Wish I has taken some when he first arrived really it would have been good to compare. They've definitely spread out more.

Reactions: Jessey
I'll capture madam later.
That's interesting @joellie that Rummy throws his leg out slightly. My Storm has started doing that too and it's worn her backs oddly, farrier noticed it. We think due to a combo of her arthritis and the tendon injury in front leg. I guess they walk however they have to to get comfy don't they?

Reactions: joellie
My lady's were getting a bit dry - I put Aqueous cream on them after a (very quick) run over with the hosepipe & that seemed to help - we've been lucky here in Co Clare in that we've had a bit of rain now thankfully

I'll capture madam later.
That's interesting @joellie that Rummy throws his leg out slightly. My Storm has started doing that too and it's worn her backs oddly, farrier noticed it. We think due to a combo of her arthritis and the tendon injury in front leg. I guess they walk however they have to to get comfy don't they?

Yes I agree, they do seem to adjust to make them selves comfy, Rummy has arthritis too.

newrider.com