Showing attire

Status
Not open for further replies.
errmmm strawberry roan or grey are the only ones i can think of:D but still what horrer!!!!! pink (sorry but errgggg,eewwwwww):p
i mean check this out: theres two on the page i think the second is the worst:eek:
http://www.prettyponies.co.uk/acatalog/Formal_Wear.html
edited to add: oh god, the sparkly pink lycra hood in the horse section is an abomonation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its horrible my horse would kill me if i put that on him

Last edited:
C'mon, black horse , very slimming "modom", goes with EVERYTHING!

Daffy Dilly said:
If you're referring to me there, I told you in my reply to your PM that I didn't mean any offence by it, but that I was giving advice as to what is deemed correct. Showing does take turnout into account, and the correct dress is correct for a reason, ie it is what is best for the type of horse and what shows it off best. I'm sure you wouldn't take a hunter into a class unplaited, so why turn yourself out incorrectly? If it comes to the crunch between two horses and the only difference is that one is turned out correctly and one isn't, the correctly turned out would come top.

Daffy that wasnt aimed at you if you read the thread you would realize why i had said this;

sidesaddlelady1 said:
Sorry, but GREEN tweed jacket with RED trim and a BLUE hat and BLACK AND BLUE tie with CANARY jodhs!!!:eek:

I was actually defending the people that had given me advice on here. As i said before, last season i entered many ridden and WHP classes wearing a black helmet, white shirt, stock pin, black showjacket, beige jodhs, and long black boots, black gloves and still had many wins. This year however, i have decided to concentrate on these classes so came on here looking for advice, which i thankfully recived.
I agree that clothing does matter but its not a case of life and death and anyone can choose to wear what the want, which was the point that i was making earlier in the thread. And i didnt appreciate certain people (not you) implying (sp?) that it would of looked silly put together when i had gone out and bought everything that was advised by many on here.

Anyway i think many things have got misinterpreted on here and if people are going to jump the gun firstly read things thouroghly so others are not wrongly offended.

Stella xXx

Last edited:
Sidesaddlelady makes me laugh. If she has been looking closely at HOYS qualifiers in both pony and adult classes she must be colour blind if she thinks everyone is wearing black hats. In the BSHC&RHA rules it does not stipulate an expected hat colour, however the vast majority of women wear blue hats, while men wear black. I have competed at county level since I was 8 years old and have qualified for and ridden at HOYS several times.

If you look at photos from a HOYS qualifying show like The Royal here http://www.theeventphotographer.co....rian/Royal_Show_3rd_4th_5th_and_6th_July_2005 the ponies, hacks, cobs, riding horses and hunters are dominated by blue hats (even though the light makes it difficult to tell on some of the photos). You will notice that there are also a lot of canary jods and blue habits in the sidesaddle classes, including the winner (you mentioned before that blue habits are very rarely worn).

Status
Not open for further replies.
newrider.com