showjumping clear round - 3 years on from the broken back

pepsimaxrock

Sep 29, 2004
Visit site
Hello everyone
I'm not sure who is still around who may remember my endless witterings about breaking my back practising a dressage test, nearly 3 years ago (come February)

But today did my 1st proper sj since that fall - I have done a little bit xc but the jumps have only been about a foot!!

There was a pairs competition which I did at 2 feet with darling daughter. We messed up our transition tactics so she had to go from a standing start and jump within 10 metres - so she had no 1 down, to add to my clear, so we got second.

Then I did a 2'3" course on my own - got a lovley fast clear - and came 3rd. Good boyy max helped me out when I approached a dog leg still thinking abt previous fence, and jumped it without any aids - sweetheart, to get us the clear round and a lovely rosette.

And I had fallen off again just in the morning. So thats behind me, as is the horrid accident!

Sorry if this means nothing at all to many of you who post on here nowadays - but I got so so so much support from board friends back in those dark 2007 days, thank you all so much. Anne xxx

You put me to shame - shall make mental note to self to stop complaining about aches and pains!!!;)

Very, very well done - I hope you are feeling justifiably proud of yourself:D

Well done sounds weak, but I am not really sure what to say.

Overcoming what you have done is inspirational, I am so pleased you had such a successful outing.

xx

Wow, well done. What an inspiration. I'm not brave enough to jump anything at all, let alone compete. And I'm even more in awe that you did it after such an injury. You must have great physical and mental courage. I'm so pleased for you.

Ohh thank you so much everyone. It is you, dear friends who are the inspiration, and the support. And it was special people on this board who kept me going, who understood why I didnt want to give up, and yes, some of whom were suffering similarly themselves.
Faerie Rider, Bazzie and the young student whose username I have momentarily forgotten. Thinking about you too and hope your recovery and riding have been as good as mine xxx

I'm so pleased to hear that you are back doing what you love. It takes great courage to get back in the saddle after such a serious injury and you are an inspiration to us all. I hope that 2010 proves to be a sucessful year of showjumping for you.

newrider.com