Showjumping OR Dressage?

spent the last 2 years doing dressage and so the answer is.....
showjumping!! :D

Both!! Showjumping is just dressage with speedbumps :D and you can't showjump successfully without a decent flatwork grounding, so I like them both equally :)

from those options dressage- but another showing bod tbh... :D

you have to look good as well as ponce around well!

Jumping. I find dressage boring, no offence to anyone! I will quite happily ride flat work at home as dressage helps Forest with jumping but I'm not interseted in competing in dressage!

I will quite happily compete in jumping as thats where my heart is and thats what Forest likes doing! :p

I like them both to be honest.

With showjumping there is such ana adrenaline rush and it is sooo much fun for both horse and rider.

Dressage is a lot more low key but I love the feeling of working so well together and having your horse listen to you. It does require a lot of concentration though so it does get a bit tiring.

If I HAD to choose on though it would be jumping (prefer XC to SJ) :D

i get bored going around in the school and i have a shocking memory so can never remember a dressage test.

dare i say it but had a quick look at prelim 1 yesterday, just the once and already know it off by heart:eek: however ask me to recall what i did in chemistry today and i would be stumped for an answer:p

DRESSAGE!!!!

999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999....... "some 999's later"........999,999,999,999,999% pure amazingness!

Neither - HACKING :D:D:D! Best of both worlds - leg yield around the parked cars and jump the fallen logs whilst enjoying some nice scenery and some peace and quiet :p! But if you forced me it would probably be showjumping - my attention span is short unless there is a lot of adrenalin involved so i'd probably get bored halfway through a dressage test and wander out :eek:

Last edited:
Showjumping any day :p

Have only done 1 dressage test and after going up the centre line and I wanted out of there straight away! My legs were quaking so badly!

Trotting up the centre line and jumping over the boards at A wasn't the best start admittedly and may have affected this somewhat...:p

from a self confessed jump-a-holic, it has to be showjumping all the way.
True it can be pompous and over competitive, but the sensation of soaring over those coloured poles is unrivaled.
I also find dressage boring, but i know its hard and requires patience so i cant judge! :D

My choice would be Dressage.

Tylers choice would be Hunting/Cross Country

newrider.com