Showjumping with the boys!!

Sunshine-x

Jul 31, 2008
Took 3 of our boys clear round jumping this afternoon and they were all fabulous!! It was a bit hectic making sure I had enough time to be on each horse but managed it just about! Went in at 3ft and had a cracking clear round with the big grey and just had a pole with the bay and my grey boy. The bay we literally got 2 days ago and I had not even sat on him before today so didn't think that was bad going! Missed getting my grey lad on camera but got a freeze frame from the video of the big grey and the bay. They can seriously jump, they are a good foot over the fences!! The big grey and the bay are going interhunt relaying next Sat and my grey boy has a sidesaddle show Sun so will be busy! We have a serious team of horses currently, I am really enjoying riding them at the moment! :) Happy happy Sunny! :smile:

Check these boys out, clever ponies!

Last edited:
I'm not surprised they gave the jumps so much room, 3ft is hardly massive for horses that hunt! Don't take this the wrong way but I am quite pleased to hear that your boy had a pole down... I was beginning to think he was too good to be true :tongue:

Haha Joosie, his perfect record is now blemished for you! He is pretty awesome, he'll never be a world beater at anything but he gives everything his best shot! The poles were my fault in both cases, bought the bay round on the wrong leg and put my grey on a rubbish angle so we had the back pole out of a spread. Showjumping is not my speciality lok!

Well none of them have ever showjumped before so not sure it was easy, jumps arent multicoloured with fillers out hunting!! Or in a tight indoor arena either for that matter lol. The problem you often get is that if you jump them too big sj and they touch a pole they then learn that they can kick the poles off at lower heights and then you can run into trouble if they don't pick their feet up over a solid fence! I don't know anywhere round here that runs unaff over 1m and I'm not paying to register a pile of them BS as just doing it for a bit of fun :) They all tried hard so I am really pleased with them as we don't have anything like it at home to practice over.

So your clear rounds change heights? Wish ours would. The clear rounds here are usually 1.3ft if that. They go on to become the novice classes in the afternoon.

newrider.com