Sid meets Bertie and Dudley

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
On the way back from my lesson today I met my YO and stopped for a chat. We were by her field gate and before long her two retired cobs, Bertie and Dudley, came over. Bertie is a 15.2 heavyweight as big as a wall, Dudley is 14.3 and quite like Sid but more pony-ish. Bertie was incredibly vocal and after a while my YO tried to film them. She was so impressed by how calm Sid was, unperturbed by all the squealing and striking out, just quietly determined to get in there and do some mutual grooming!

It's a shame that he doesn't get on with Mattie like this. He is so big (wide) and assertive I think he frightens Mattie, and they don't often groom. Maybe in time.

On the way back from my lesson today I met my YO and stopped for a chat. We were by her field gate and before long her two retired cobs, Bertie and Dudley, came over. Bertie is a 15.2 heavyweight as big as a wall, Dudley is 14.3 and quite like Sid but more pony-ish. Bertie was incredibly vocal and after a while my YO tried to film them. She was so impressed by how calm Sid was, unperturbed by all the squealing and striking out, just quietly determined to get in there and do some mutual grooming!

It's a shame that he doesn't get on with Mattie like this. He is so big (wide) and assertive I think he frightens Mattie, and they don't often groom. Maybe in time.
Hopefully mattie will come around, Dan is the most submissive and it took months and months before he started grooming and playing with Niko, he just skittered away from him before.

Reactions: Huggy
newrider.com