Silence to remember

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Had my two minutes silence just now - I heard the cannon being fired at the castle so stopped riding and Storm, OH and I stood and remembered. Makes me feel very lucky always to have what we have and also to know now that we ride for pleasure. Always makes me think about the war horses.
Did everyone remember today?

I was as work and just happened to end up standing next to an elderly man who bowed his head for the whole 2 minutes and I think wiped away a couple of tears. I'm very pleased to say every single person stopped, even the chef in the kitchen and a lady just about to use the loo too!

On Sunday I did my two minutes on ale, we just stood and he stared into the fields in the distance very thoughtfully

My great grandfather worked with the horses in France in the Great war and his son was in the merchant navy, my father was in the Royal Navy in WW2 - they all came through even though both my father and grandfather were on ships that were sunk - I always remember, not just one day a year for 2 minutes.

I didn't actually as I was doing Riding For The Disabled at 11am yesterday. At that moment, I think I was pretending to be the little girl's pony 'talking' to her about polos! 11th November is also my mum's birthday - a very special day all round!

I always try and remember - its something I feel quite strongly about.
Me too Trewsers, I was at home but yes I always do, doesn't matter what I'm doing I'll always stop and be quiet and remember.
I was very impressed at YHL too as the whole place stopped for two minutes on the Sunday morning, the last post and the two minutes silence always makes me cry.

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com