SJ and XC at Somerford (camera evidence!)

beating_hooves

Addictee
Aug 27, 2007
West Yorkshire
Well me and Chez set off today for a bit of XC and SJ with a couple of instructors. It was a bit of a nightmare the day before as the lorry decided it wasn't going to start so we were frantically calling around trying to find transport and in the end our fab Y/O lent us a trailer, phew! :D

Got down to the yard at about 7:45, brushed her and got her ready, then on went her travel gear, loaded fine and off we went at 8:20!

Journey was fine, mother brought her laptop for me to play on :D Got to Somerford with an hour to spare so just wandered about for half an hour then got her ready.

Got down to SJ arena for 11 with 2 others in my group and as I expected she was very full of herself to start with squealing, leaping about, cantering sideways, etc. etc. :rolleyes: she's not been out for a few days so was very patient with her :D

She jumped absolutely fab the whole lesson only had one down because we got too near to it but very very pleased with her! :)

Next was XC at 1:30 and as it was open field she was even WORSE when warming up, we had bucking and little rears on top of everything else and a lot of 'Sh*t shes not going to stop' moments. She still listened and jumped good though although tbh the instructor was a little strict and forceful he made someone in our group cry and apparantly in another group too to the point where she point blank refused to jump anything else and left the lesson.
We only had one stop at a pretty tricky combination where you had to jump a bank at an angle and then onto a narrow fence, it ended up with me making an unexpected dismount onto my feet :rolleyes:

Anhoo here is the video and photos!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=knLFBDuhemo

lesson002pi9.jpg

lesson004zf9.jpg

lesson005cx5.jpg

lesson007es6.jpg

Last edited:
What a beautiful dapply butt - but hey, what are you thinking ? That's not nearly enough piccies !!!

Looks like a mahoosive fence - what height / level do you compete at ?

What a beautiful dapply butt - but hey, what are you thinking ? That's not nearly enough piccies !!!

Looks like a mahoosive fence - what height / level do you compete at ?

I know :rolleyes: most stuff is in the video :D

Erm not sure what height that is but this summer just did novice, perhaps going to crack it up a gear next summer.

Ah ... I shall have to wait to tomorrow to see the vid. Did you have ooodles of fun and were laughing your head off at the end ? That's always the sign of a good XC run for me (or did you have to be all serious for the instructors :D )

Ah ... I shall have to wait to tomorrow to see the vid. Did you have ooodles of fun and were laughing your head off at the end ? That's always the sign of a good XC run for me (or did you have to be all serious for the instructors :D )

It is tomorrow ;)

I was laughing when she was playing up :D
My XC instructor was very 'You'll ride how I tell you to ride!' so I behaved myself in that lesson!

Ack - nooo .... it's only 7.30 in the evening ! I have to go to the office tomorrow to use the fast connection to see the vid :D

Woo!
Go Chez :D She took a flyer at one of the xc jumps and I went "Ooh"

:D
She is looking fab! :D

I'm so jealous - looks like great fun!
Me and my sister were gonna take our two to Somerford over the summer, but you know what they say about the best laid plans? Poor old Woody, my sister's gelding, has had all kinds of feet problems since we made our plans, and hasn't really been sound since february (we'd been planning since Christmas, as this was my last summer with Lou before uni and her first summer with Woody, so we wanted to celebrate) and Lulu won't go over anything without a lead. So we never got to go to the beach or do all our favourite hacks as we'd been planning :(

What a gorgeous little horse! And fab jumping, well done both of you!!

XC at this time of yr?! How lucky are you?! We're knee deep in mud in the DRY areas up here ;] lol x

I'm so jealous - looks like great fun!
Me and my sister were gonna take our two to Somerford over the summer, but you know what they say about the best laid plans? Poor old Woody, my sister's gelding, has had all kinds of feet problems since we made our plans, and hasn't really been sound since february (we'd been planning since Christmas, as this was my last summer with Lou before uni and her first summer with Woody, so we wanted to celebrate) and Lulu won't go over anything without a lead. So we never got to go to the beach or do all our favourite hacks as we'd been planning :(

Aww no :(
Well if you still want to go and don't have anyone to go with, we can arrange something :)

WOW.

I had to come to the office to watch the video, and I have to say, it was WELL WORTH waiting for !

How cute are you two together !!!! What a beautiful, athletic, forward-thinking pony you've got there ! You must be very, very proud of her, and she's only 6 !! You've got it all to come ! As for you, girl, you look like you were born in teh saddle ! Holy cow, I don't know which to be more jealous of, your lovely, confident pony, or your fantastic seat over fences :) (Or perhaps the two are related ;) )

How far are you aiming to go with her ? Have you started eventing her yet ?

Anyway, thanks for posting the vid, I really enjoyed it.

WOW.

I had to come to the office to watch the video, and I have to say, it was WELL WORTH waiting for !

How cute are you two together !!!! What a beautiful, athletic, forward-thinking pony you've got there ! You must be very, very proud of her, and she's only 6 !! You've got it all to come ! As for you, girl, you look like you were born in teh saddle ! Holy cow, I don't know which to be more jealous of, your lovely, confident pony, or your fantastic seat over fences :) (Or perhaps the two are related ;) )

How far are you aiming to go with her ? Have you started eventing her yet ?

Anyway, thanks for posting the vid, I really enjoyed it.

Wow what a lovely comment! :D:D
Vid took me ages to make with all the cropping, music and bloody effects :rolleyes:
And yes I love her to pieces she has come on soo much in a year, if you see my other videos on youtube you'll be able to tell!
I think I ride her so easily because I know her better than the back of my hand; I know all her little quirks and what she is best at so I am just soo comfortable when I'm riding her :) perhaps thats passed on to her and made her more confident :)

No idea how far we will go just taking it as it comes but will definately won't hold back and I know we'd both like to push the barriers :D

Did one event on her this summer (our first ever one) and she did fab got one refusal SJ but got a fantastic clear in the XC! Even since then she has come on loads so now we're all ready for a new season!

Glad you enjoyed :D

newrider.com