Skin cancer - warning slightly graphic photo attached

Well this was yesterday right after the stitches came out. Doc said it's healing nicely, I'm to keep steri strips on for 5 days, apparently to stop the fragile skin from breaking or stretching however, when I got up this morning there was only one left on my face! I had them in my hair, on my pillow, up my nose (I'm not even joking) and am surprised I hadn't swallowed at least one! Ha ha, well it's a good job she gave me some spares. It's hard to see the wound really but it look better than I thought it would so far. :) Oh and my chin isn't normally that wrinkly, I think that's were it's been covered with tegaderm this last week.

Attachments

• day 7.jpg
    day 7.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 0
It's amazingly hard to keep any kind of dressing on during the night isn't it? I find even things like bandages etc can come awry whilst we are snoozing! Good job you have spares lol
Lots and lots more vibes for good healing coming your way too.xx

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Im so happy with how this looks today, just had to share, day nine and already it's looking good, I can see my old scar from when I fell out of a bunk bed age 10, View attachment 100860
under my chin now, Iol, yup mini chin lift!

That is looking good! Much better. (I always think stitches make everything look proper poorly sick don't they?) Ouchy to falling out of a bunk bed too! I coveted one of those in my childhood. Was most envious of my friend who had one!!!

That is looking good! Much better. (I always think stitches make everything look proper poorly sick don't they?) Ouchy to falling out of a bunk bed too! I coveted one of those in my childhood. Was most envious of my friend who had one!!!
It wasn’t much fun as I dislocated my jaw at the same time! I was on holiday in wales and the nearest hospital was a navy place, they didn’t half make a fuss of me there though.

• Wow
Reactions: Trewsers
Only just caught up with this. Hope you continue to heal nicely @Kite_Rider and thank goodness you had that cyst, otherwise you might still be oblivious. Thanks for sharing, I have been meaning to seek out some SPF moisturiser and you have just given me a kick up the backside.

Wow! That's healed really well in such a short time.... especially for such a large excision! Well done!!

I had my appointment today at the hospital. She opened with how I'm too young to be there really... She checked all my many moles in less than a minute and said just the one on my arm that needs monitoring so another appointment in 4 months time. She then said that really I should be looking out for any itchiness or bleeding as that is the sign of cancer or a very dramatic change very quickly. I'll have to try and make a note of them all and remember to check them regularly in future but she sort of gave me the impression I have nothing to worry about really. And that a GP can check them anyway without the need for seeing a dermatologist.

Anyway great news and hope you are healing up well @Kite_Rider

I’m pleased your appointment went well Ale, good that they are going to monitor the one on your arm too, you’ll have to do a mole map.
Take photos of all the ones you can see and reach easy, get your bf or a good friend to photograph those you can’t reach. At least you’ll have a point of reference then, especially the one on your arm, I’d take a photo of that with a rule next to it too.
I’m not a consultant dermatologist so can’t really disagree with yours but I know my cancer didn’t itch, bleed or change shape/size suddenly it was definitely cancer though and I know someone who was 30 when she was first diagnosed so please don’t let her fob you off Ale.

I'm pleased that you've been given the all clear, Ale, that's great news. I second Kite Rider and Carthorse, though. I was no more than 30 when I was diagnosed with skin cancer, and the small lump had already been there for a year or two. I'm a bit disappointed at the doctor's attitude really, surely she must know that young people can and do get skin cancer. I didn't have any itchiness, and it only started bleeding a little when it had been there for quite a while. I wish I'd known that I had skin cancer earlier than I did, I'd have a smaller scar now. I'm lucky that it was basal cell carcinoma and not melanoma, but even so ...

Last edited:
@Kite_Rider have you had your 2 week all clear yet - been a bit preoccupied with 'stuff' and have I missed an update? really, really hope you have had good news?
I haven’t yet no, been told now that it will be up to four weeks as they are very busy (plus the Christmas holidays I reckon) so will be new year now. Thank you for asking though.

Reactions: Cortrasna
Concerning sharing, I never understood truly what I ought to have been searching for as consistently suspected skin malignant growths were earthy colored like a mole and it was an amazing shock to have that analysis and the resulting a medical procedure, so assuming I can assist only one individual with understanding that they should be searching for any progressions whatsoever in their skin by sharing here I'm glad.

https://www.nuvectramedical.com

newrider.com