Skip lorry: 1, pony saddle: 0

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Mrs junior employer phoned me as I was on the way home from the yard and said "Um.... the saddle man who came... was he YOUR contact?" (Mr Pooh) so when I said yes she explained that she had put loan pony's saddle down on the gravel drive for a few minutes .... and the skip man arrived and drove his truck over it! :eek: She wanted Norm to check to see if it was savageable. I explained that we were on our way home and I'd cast an eye over it when I got back, fearing the worst, obviously. And I wasn't surprised to find a little saddle that was, frankly, as flat as a pancake! :(

So I sent her a text (as she was also out) just stating "Gosh, I'm afraid that is a very dead saddle" Mrs junior employer has a heart of gold as far as the ponies are concerned but is completely clueless re: care and tack, hence her question. I'll be pointing her in the direction of potential second-hand replacements when I go to work on Wednesday.....

Oh that's not good, contact the company for damages perhaps, most truck firms are pretty used to getting those calls.

As big as those things are, surely the skip driver should've seen something on the floor and either got out and moved it, or asked for it to be moved before driving over it? I'd be asking skip company politely that it's their job to reimburse you personally...

I think some kind of compensation may indeed be sought. Apparently the (horsey) babysitter arrived around the same time and could see it clearly. Maybe the driver saw it initially and then reversed and forgot it was there. Will find our more tomorrow.

newrider.com