Skippys Snowy Christmas!

Skippys Mum

Nov 25, 2007
Scotland
I lost my little collie Fly on the 22nd and I was lacking slightly in festive cheer this year. Fortunately it snowed and snowed and the place looked so lovely it cheered me up slightly.

So, getting to a snowy christmas morning (we had a real white christmas, actual snow on the day - and its snowing heavily just now!) I was met with many optimistic faces! (from the left, Minty, Chops, Mustard, Wooster and HP :D )
IMG_0608800x600.jpg

My two boys, Eric and Pilot
IMG_0678800x600.jpg

Arnie says Ho Ho Ho
IMG_0685800x600.jpg

IMG_0689800x600.jpg

IMG_0713800x600.jpg

Snowy boys
IMG_0724800x600.jpg

IMG_0726800x600.jpg

then we made a new friend
IMG_0740800x600.jpg

On the way to my mums we stopped to take this photo of Arran cos it looked so special in the snow
IMG_0759800x600.jpg

Last edited:
Graeme carrying his wee dug into his mothers (honest, its a busy road :rolleyes: )
IMG_0772800x600.jpg

Posing dogs!
IMG_0778800x600.jpg

yes, Eric is wearing a tshirt - it says Santas Little Helper :eek:
IMG_0782800x600.jpg

the gang (just realised my dad is missing??)
IMG_0786800x600.jpg

me and my brother
IMG_0793800x600.jpg

After all this, we went out a walk to the local park with the boys - and every one of us went on the flying fox (designed for children but hey, there was no one around! We sent Eric down the kiddies chute and he had a ball. My mum has all these photos so I'll post them when I get them :D

I do have one extra special photo of my handsome husband - wearing my dads hat! Yes, he went out like this :lol: (and would kill me if he ever saw this ;) )
IMG_0802800x600.jpg

I hope you all had as much fun yesterday as I had!

Last edited:
i think you should frame the tea cosy hat picture and give it to OH next year as christmas present.....

our sheep are living in the field shelter at the moment, lazy little so and sos, and waiting for hay to be delivered to them twice a day!

My sheepies are still out D&T, but they are getting breakfast and din dins just now and all the hay they can eat:rolleyes:. My neighbours sheep spend a lot of time looking hopeful and my lot just stand around looking smug:D

Munching sheep are happy sheep!

Sorry to hear about Fly. Its bad enough any time but totally pants just around Xmas. Glad the snow cheered you up - snow just makes me curse non stop but thankfully we dont have any.

Lovely pics. Mean names for those poor sheep - they'd be horrified if they knew what you'd been shouting across the fields at them!!!! LOL

Its okay Anna - they are forever sheep! They will never ever have to live up to their names:D. Sorry xJenniferx - you can't have them either (you can come and meet them though:)) - they are my babies:eek:

yes our sheep are like yours, spoiled. i get mugged every morning as i try to carry a bucket in to them without being bowled over.

One morning, I ended up sitting on Frank the sheep as he ran between my legs, then knocked me over!

I used the Cesar Milan stuff on mine:eek: - they respond very well to a "chhh" noise:D. They now know the word "trough" and they go over and wait beside it rather than beat me up (they are biiig sheep and I felt like an idiot shouting "bad sheep" at them;))

Glad you had a good Xmas day and Im really sorry about your wee Fly.

Love your sheep pics.....you have some Suffolks too?! My 5 are getting hay twice a day but no feeds.....but they are quite happy cause the horses are stuck in the barn (because of all the ice) so at least they are not being mugged by horrid horses trying to steal their lovely hay!!!

Poor Bunny, one of the Suffolks, had ice round the edges of his lovely floppy balck ears this morning.....poor baby :(:)

newrider.com