skittles again!

TheHoglet

♥..luff my skitts..♥
Apr 12, 2005
co. durham (cls)
www.horse-x-sense.piczo.com
sorry i was just curious as to what breed my skittles minght be because i just dont know! after reaserch on previous threads i have found that he is a varnish roan and carries an appolussa gene.

so if any one could make a gess as to what breeding he may be i would be verry greatfull:D
hears some pics:
skittsyhetton.jpg

7BB9F712.jpg

Do remember that the gene he carries is part of the Appaloosa complex of colour genes; just to really confuse things the Appaloosa Complex is a group of genes that cause coat patterns, whie the Appaloosa is a breed (that just happens to carry the Appaloosa complex of pattern genes!).

There are several breeds that carry the Appaloosa complex; the British Spotted pony is one, the Pony of the Americas another, and minature horses a third to name a few. Spotted patterns also crop up occasionally in cobs, and 'spotted-bred' horses like the Pintaloosa.

It's a bit like this; all Hafflingers carry flaxen chestnut genes, but that doesn't mean all flaxen chestnuts are Hafflingers.

He has quite a cobby head; but he also looks quite lightweight. He's probably a mix of allsorts, with some cob, and some spotted genetics thrown in for good measure. The spotty genes could come from Appaloosa blood, or British Spotted pony, or just some spotty cob that he has back in his breeding somewhere.

I love his colour - it's really striking. :)

newrider.com