Skye Highland Ponies & Native Pony Stud..... my new venture

Native Lover

Native Pony Fan
Jul 13, 2009
Lincolnshire,wheres the hills?
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk
I have been offered almost 8 acres with four stables and a tack room floodlights and a massive hay shed barn on a long lease from May to set up a rare breeds stud..... Mainly Highlands but the odd Fell pony and eventually even a few Dales mares later on... but it will be mainly for my Highland ponies.

It will be up and running by May and we have been offered our Belles last daughter on loan for a few years to have a foal for the stud so I will be getting the bloodlines I always wanted :) And loaning a broodmare in foal and buying a brood mare in foal.

My Highland will move over in April and my brood mares will arrive later in the year. I might even be getting the loan of 1 or 2 dales mares as they are now crtiical on the rare breeds list

I also have the benefit of moving away from the main road and onto the quieter lanes for our Hacking...so Melody will be living at the Stud and I will be away from the bloody main road with its bikes and lorries :D

My first foals should be on the ground in late spring next year. EEEEKKKKS i am super excited :) The Highland pony studs, Breeders and owners have been so helpful with advice, support and behind the scene offers of good mares for the stud... they have been brilliant :)

Find us on face book if you want to follow our journey :D :D :D

https://www.facebook.com/groups/949038401831357/?fref=ts

Last edited:
That sounds fab!! Yes, you definitely have to do something with dales too as they are such a special underestimated breed. x

Reactions: Native Lover
Jo Ashby secretary of the dales society is a minefield of info too and a lovely lady. If you even only had one mare it's such a worthwhile cause with them being critical :) x

Saw this on FB.... how bloomin' exciting!!! One question though..... will you REALLY be able to part with foalies???? :D

There's a lady called Eileen walker who has the rackwood fell pony stud. She has a website and has talked about reducing her numbers for a while due to having no one to pass the stud on to so may be worth taking a look. Her ponies are stunning and she is passionate about the breed, my daughters is a rackwood. x

newrider.com