Slip-Not grooming kits.

Sammii

Oct 24, 2005
Does anybody swear by these? I am changing Red's stable set colour to blue (mainly because someone on the yard already has Red!) and i will therefore be buying new grooming kit, buckets etc etc.

I wasn't sure whether to buy each separate brush that's blue but then found out that Slip-Not do a blue version aswell.

Is the whole set good to groom with and easy enough to handle/use? And are they hardy etc...

any opinions welcome! Thanks x

11d3_1.JPG

This is the set I am talking about, just incase some of you aren't familiar with them. Robinsons are doing a set of this in a matching bag/carry case for £19.00

Alternatively, if anyone has recommendations on any other grooming kit sets, please feel free to tell me! :) x

Haha yes that is the bag I mean! So do you think they would be good for me then? I really like the look of them and I like the way they alll match etc..

what I did want to know aswell - do local saddlerys sell them or is it just online saddlerys etc? x

Our local saddlery have the brushes - but not the bag+brush combo, and I saw them in saddlery shops at shows in the summer There are always loads on ebay too.

They do a great job - mine a kept for best so I don't lose them - but are used at shows and do a good job.

My local 'farm shop' have those, they look ace, I am getting a kit like that when I have my own horse, I have decided! :D

Ive not used them, but the ones i do have are fab!!, shires grooming kit; purple :p, i got them last xmas; they do last a long while :D

I don't get on with them (the material irritates me a bit).
BUT I do think they're a fantastic idea and I know afew who absolutely love them!

I'm after a set. And I see an awful lot of brushes. ;)

However, I also like the shires ones, bought some for the girls on the yard, so I'll probably end up with those instead.

I like it all, except for the dandy brush on the far right - I find it a bit thin and ineffective - I like a thicker, flickier brush! The hoofpick's fab though.

I have the body brush and the dandy brush,I wanted to get the hoofpick last time I went to the saddlery but it was'nt in stock yet.They are pretty good,the Dandy brush isn't as good as my other one but it still does the job.

I have a bit of everything in my grooming kit lol, mostly purple and pink thing's which your'd never of guessed. :p
But I also have my Harrod's body brush which I love the most just because it say's Harrod's and show's I've bought something from there haha. :D

Haha

Harrods- I went there not long ago, first time ever. WOW is all I can say, and they do horse stuff??? Pooped off now:mad:

But, i was looking at this pink studded cat coller, looked at price tag 500 quid!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I have a bit of everything in my grooming kit lol, mostly purple and pink thing's which your'd never of guessed. :p
But I also have my Harrod's body brush which I love the most just because it say's Harrod's and show's I've bought something from there haha. :D

I brought many things from Harrods last time I went - Four lollipops amounting to £1.50 :D (Again, just to say I've brought stuff from there!) We found a ring that cost more than our house :eek: and it wasn't even that nice!

I like the look of those brushes, esp. the hoofpick!

I'm not a huge fan of them...they are ok for the price and look nice.

But for practicality, I much prefer the Oster range of brushes, non-slip and extremely effective, however, they are quite pricey.

Thanks for all the recommendations! :)

Looks like i'm getting one of these with my "C word" money tomorrow ;) :D

Or one of the shires set, i've not seen one of them before so if i like the look of them it could be them!

The hoof pick is the best ever. Really gets into the impacted mud in Fatty's feet. The handle is easy to hold, not like the hoofpicks that are like bent metal.

newrider.com