Small very robust fly masks?

popularfurball

Learning all the time
Jul 18, 2005
North west
So I am experimenting with madams head wear again... Can anyone recommend a really robust mesh mask which goes small enough for a little welsh head?

I like the mesh on the Rambo one but the pony size dwarfs her - it was wire mesh coated in plastic. The others like shires have all snagged really easily and then ripped :/

Ps sorry for my absence we have no internet at the moment I am well behind on here! I shall so an update thread later this week when internet returns! :)

I got an equilibrium mask for Rubic. Obviously, she has a big head so size-wise I can't help but I thought the quality of the equilibrium one was good!

I ended up going to the tack shop near new house and got three amigo masks - they are great. Big sigh of relief! They did a small pony which is a lovely snug fit - she is much happier and so am I the ears are super sized but otherwise just like the Rambo one (but actually fits)... She looks a little eeyore like!

Reactions: Jessey
I got a small pony one for Acorn (shires I believe) , hes not used it but it fitted Charlie a treat when he got a fly bite near his eye - stopped him rubbing it!

She bust the shires one in 48hrs lemme!

Probably going to jinx it, but the amigo one hasn't come off, not ripped yet.... Fingers crossed!!! And I can get near her without too much of a squabble result!

Not sure about size but I had a Roma one and repaired it several times. Then I changed to a cashel one and thought it would be harder wearing as it's more plasticky. Big mistake, and it's not so easy to repair as the plastic is woven into mesh so if it frays, you're screwed. I had to take a lighter to mine to melt the ends to reseal it.

newrider.com