smallest weight carriers

I dont know the top weight range for them, but what about a highland ??
I know they were bred to be able to carry a fully grown man or a dead stag back from a days hunting.
My sister used to have one, and I they are my favorite native breed .
They have the sort of temperment you are looking for.:D

Provided there are no health problems, not very young/old & the saddle fits well then I'd look at:
highlands
dales
possibly the chunkier welsh cobs
proper cobs with plenty of bone
small IDs​

What you would need is wide bodied, big boned, shorter backed, nice big hooves, well muscled horse.
A good solid Highland or drafty Cob,, something close to that.
And I am going to say with that kind of horse build.. 14.2 hands to 15.2 hands would be best for you.

To be honest a nice 14.2hh chunky haflinger or fjord would be quite nice and a weight carrier or a chunky cob. I went for a hack once in England(I'm in Scotland) and the leader of the hack was riding a HW 14.1hh cob, she was about 5,4ft and a BIG lady but the horse carried her fine! A Highland could also be a nice choice. Something with big bone! I would go with bone of the horse but a very chunky 13.2 you could mabye get away with as long as there wasn't too much jumping etc.
I would say something like him would be a good choice, he is already kind of sold though... http://www.horsemart.co.uk/AdvertRe...yResultsHorses.asp/Web/DisplayHorseDetail.asp

My 13.3-14 hand haflinger who is good and stocky has carried more than that before with no problems.

I used to weigh more than that before I lost weight & now I am at about 14 stones. My haflinger carried me through it all like a champ & would have more than enough energy enough at the end of the ride.

newrider.com