Smiles all round

TBminx

Mar 22, 2013
I am so glad I decided against a fresh horse at the dressage today :wink:

We had a lovely time at the yard so peaceful on our own :smile:

I rode first and her ladyship settled quicker but kept spooking at a jump that was moved and then she stopped and worked beautifully so I was well happy but she did throw in some bucks going into canter which wouldve lost me valuable marks in a test haha and then when warming down on long rein long and low because she knew I had no reins and whip on other side she spooked again at tyres of jump and shot off across the arena :giggle:

But she was other wise a superstar for second time in the arena in weeks :angel:

Then OH brought lanky out and he was a sweetheart in walk and trot and no spooking today just the odd wee look. In canter he was getting very strong and giving that look cocking head like gonna shoot off but OH got the measure of him and it all went swimmingly although he was strong he was contained :dance:

It was lovely for us both to come off feeling accomplished and enjoyed it so we turned them out and went for lunch and I had a few wines not caring I was in my jods and wellies getting looks :redface:

Anyone else go to lunch in their riding or yard gear?

I wont go to one place as too posh to let us in probably but these 2 local pubs on the way home from the yard dont care.

Anyone else go to lunch in their riding or yard gear?

I wont go to one place as too posh to let us in probably but these 2 local pubs on the way home from the yard dont care.

I rarely wear normal clothes these days !! But don't eat out ever - so maybe not applicable!! I shop in horse gear tho. I get changed for the dentist and hairdressers - wouldn't want my lovely horse gear smelling chemically now would I?!!! lol

Just wanted to add; round here nobody would look twice if you wore wellies and jodhs - we are very rural. Having said that, there is the "Dubarry" set who frequent the local establishments. They are so clean and posh, tweedy and countryfied. Don't think they actually do any country pursuits...hehee

Yes, I go to lunch in my mucking out gear sometimes:poop: The local pub and supermarket are fairly used to me.

Sometimes I turn up in my 'smart gear', they all look worried and look at me funny.:giggle:

We are a country village too so its not unseen to have the local hunt pile into a pub dropping mud everywhere :giggle:

Its also pretty common for farmers etc to be in shops etc but we seem to be the only ones in pubs for lunch or maybe its the pubs we go to although they never mind and welcome us without a look :biggrin:

I did get the attention of some lads once drunk doing the giddy up jockey style impressions as I walked past to the loo :wink:

newrider.com