Snowy ride today

MPR

Oct 22, 2006
Minnesota, USA
I had a chance to buy my pony back last week, so I did. He had been gone for 6 months. It's good to have him back. I rode him in the arena 2 times in the past week, and today I took him out on the road for the first time since I got him back. He's at a new place too, so he doesn't know the area. My friend rode her 17 hand draft horse, and I rode my 13 hand pony, Patches. Patches did great. He took the lead and also followed. It was really fun. :smile:

Attachments

• 100_0020.jpg
    100_0020.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 100_0016.jpg
    100_0016.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 58
  • 100_0019.jpg
    100_0019.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 59
Patches looks a lovely little fella and so pretty :biggrin:
A light dusting of snow like that looks so inviting to ride in. I take it that it gets much deeper than that though ? Do you still ride out in deeper snow ?
Why did you have to sell patches ? Will you keep him now ?
Sorry for all the questions but you shouldn't post pics of cute ponies, we are a nosy lot :tongue:
Glad you have him back xxx

Patches looks a lovely little fella and so pretty :biggrin:
A light dusting of snow like that looks so inviting to ride in. I take it that it gets much deeper than that though ? Do you still ride out in deeper snow ?
Why did you have to sell patches ? Will you keep him now ?
Sorry for all the questions but you shouldn't post pics of cute ponies, we are a nosy lot :tongue:
Glad you have him back xxx

I won't ride him in deep snow unless it's light and fluffy. We'll just stick to riding on the edge of the road, but I'll probably trailer him to an indoor arena occasionally.

I sold him because boarding costs were so high. But now I have a friend that said I could board at her place. She's giving me a good deal.. affordable for me. When I saw Patch up for sale, I bought him back. I get to help out at my friend's and she can use Patches for lessons some too. I took some dressage lessons on some tall horses at the former barn (boarding place), but it wasn't nearly as fun as pony riding:redface: Ponies are smart, tricky, and quick. It's just a different feel, and what I prefer, even at 48 yrs. old! :happy:

Here's some more pictures from last winter.

12-29-2010_037.jpg

12-30-2010_007.jpg

12-30-2010_015.jpg

newrider.com